• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Enable Local Files Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to enable to Local File in war3 registry, but when it's done, I can't play any map. In fact, I still can host the map, but everything in that map, except for terrain, has gone. There's no unit, no trigger,... Seem like it turn into a normal melee map. The player setting is also changed, like this:
attachment.php

Any suggestion for this problem, please?

Attachments

• War3 error.jpg
    War3 error.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 780
Local File? What do you mean by that?

Local files are files that you put in the warcraft 3 directory such as models, textures,... then warcraft 3 will use those resources instead of its base resources, and only you can see them. Example: if I put a footman model in the folder, ingame that model will replace the base footman model of warcraft.
That's all I know about Local File, and I explained it by my understanding. My English isn't really good.

@WaterKnight: Well, I put my files there, but the error occured then I removed all of them. There remains no local file in my directory now.

Isn't that MPQ files? 'Directory' really confused me.
Simply because you may have used units that you deleted, returning no shadow nor form.
Directory is the folder where you install warcraft3

It's similar to MPQ files, but you don't need to modify the MPQ, it takes a lot of time. Local files... well, I don't know how to explain this. By using local files, you needn't to modify the MPQ. You just need to create folders in your warcraft3 folder and put some resources in those folders. It's a little confused.

Example: I create a folder name Texture in warcraft3 folder, then put a new MountainGiant.blp there. If I enable Allow Local Files (in war3 registry) and play warcraft, the mountain giant will have that new texture. I don't need to modify the MPQ, it's risky and takes much times. People who play DotA usually use this way to replace model/skin to play DotA with a higher graphic quality.

But it's just theoretic because I can't enable my Local Files.

@WaterKnight: It didn't work. I tried renaming, hiding or even removing the file but nothing changed.

Level 3
Local files are files that you put in the warcraft 3 directory such as models, textures,... then warcraft 3 will use those resources instead of its base resources, and only you can see them. Example: if I put a footman model in the folder, ingame that model will replace the base footman model of warcraft.
That's all I know about Local File, and I explained it by my understanding. My English isn't really good.

@WaterKnight: Well, I put my files there, but the error occured then I removed all of them. There remains no local file in my directory now.
Hope you still here.
I do exactly what you're talking about. But do you know how to do the same with some "hidden" units which their folder doesn't appear?
Some models for example that doesn't appear in the local files are the "War wagon", "Infernal", "Doomguard", etc.
Do you know how I could make them appear or modify their mdx file?
If someone know, I will suck ur balls til I get chocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.