• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Corrupted map files when using Allow Local Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
For my modification The Power of Fire I wrote a small program which enables the registry entry "Allow Local Files" and starts Frozen Throne afterwards.
My modification installs several directories into the Frozen Throne directory which should all be available during the game.
Unfortunately, when I start a map of the modification it says that the map file is corrupted.
When I start Frozen Throne without "Allow Local Files" I can start my maps without problems.
Therefore, I suspect that either any local file causes the problem in the Warcraft III directory or that it does not reall work on Windows 7.
The strange thing is that it worked before with MPQDraft and a custom exe before they patched Warcraft III. Hence, my own local files should actually work.
Is it because of the local Maps directory which does still exist in the Warcraft III directory?
Any ideas?
Is there any possibility to see some log files etc.?

edit:
I can still play some of the normal maps of Warcraft III like Warchasers an even some custom maps but not all with the Allow Local Files option.
I tried to delete most files in the Warcraft III directory which are not part of the installation but it did not help yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.