• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Emperor of Iron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
the project is on the move, currently i'm the only one on the team, will need some help, so i request volunteers

the game is a heavily modified melee experience, with some inovative concepts, i wont be sharing much right now:

-bronze age\early iron age fantasy setting

-game master mode-the host can edit much of the map during a game, if the GM mode is enabled, allowing him to provide an enjoyable roleplay experience to other players

-customizable soldier-select your troop's weapons, even customize their apearance with useless pretty ads, and a huge ammount of spells and technologies to choose from, giving you the possibility of never playing the same tech-tree twice in a lot of games

-good or evil, the "social" technologies you research and the magic\religious path you follow will define your alignement, a slaver nation would never have access to light spells, but could easily follow the path of the dark necromancy

-experience sistem makes every one of your soldiers unique, recruit unique mercenaries, promote your warriors to leaders

-first person strategy experience

-lots of custom models, ofcourse!

-try the nomadic nations, having the entire world as your city, or rule the civilized cities, that you have to manage individually, each with its own ressources and population

-gather stone, fish, clay, various metals, wood, make pottery or be the main metal working nation, handling a huge variety of ressources as complete as a micro management game...that would be boring, if, in the end, it wasn't all the same ressource, gold! a complex economy sistem that resumes into 3 main ressources, population, food and gold, dont run out of any!!!

-NPC invasions that let you play a friendly game with your friends, focusing in defence rather than in hostility...or, if you don't care much for friendliness, try our treacherous espionage and hypocrite dyplomacy, or just grab your axe and go off hacking and slashing

well? wanna be a part of it? i'd apreciate your help

right now i'm in desperate need of a terrainer and an...architect...need some building models,you don't need to know how to model, just to know how to draw an idea. Do you have any sugestion or you think you could help with anything, leave a comment, right now i'm recruiting everyone

Level 4
a bit (read: WAAAAAAAY) ambitious, but it'll be sweet if you pull it off and make it actually fun, too, instead of just having finished something this big and complex. i could maybe help some.

Level 13
Nah, it's not ambitious, 3 months work with a good small team...i'll never have one like that, so half a year with a big happy bunch will do...but i fear i'll have to do it alone

right now, if anyone want to help, just throw me some tech-tree ideas, like buildings and techs, don't bother with units, those are doable in-game

Level 13
well, in the game you can gather all of them, but they will only give you gold, and maybe a bonus, like, if your city has a iron mine you will have iron weapons sooner than one who doesn't, iron equiped soldiers will be cheaper, etc, but if you assign a worker to an iron mine the worker will bring you only gold

there's also food that you get from farms, fishing, hunting

and there's population, this one wil rise with time, you will win 15 units per year for every 50 unnocupied units that you already have, so, big citys will grow faster than vilages...but you can send peasants from one city to another

right now i'm working on a random map generator, will publish a demo, soon, if all goes right

EDIT: the random map generator is working allright, creates hills, roads, mountains, rivers, and the maps are pretty fun to explore on a first person point of view..

the minimap doesn't change, though...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.