• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Emerald Glade

Reactions: Bigpower and Orcnet
Emerald Glade

Created by z.Ky

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 4 players map, based on Ashenvale tileset, with some other tiles doodads imports
-Description:
An emerald garden, flourishing vegetation, limpid water, peaceful environment..
A perfect place.
Burnthe forest down, dirt the water with blood, exterminate every signle living beeing, and extinguish your enemies.
Bring war to this hidden heaven

First of all, this is a 4 players melee map, which can be player 1v1/2v2/FFA (2v2 and FFA reccomended).
This map is particular, why? There is water between starting poin and starting mine.
This means that you won't be able to build an effective base (or at least, it'll be much more difficoult), and you'll be exposed to harras.
Another particular thing, are the free Lorderon Merc Camps very near to the starting locations, beeing useful for both attacking enemies or defending your base.
Other 4 Ashenvale Merc Camps will make the map more FFA-ish, costantly guaranting new units.
Gold mines have lot of gold, to balance the fact that they are rather difficoult to defend.

Creep Camps:
-8 Green Camps (2 per player)
-21 Orange Camps (5 per player + mid)
-4 Red Camps (1 per player)

Mines:
-4x 12500 Starting Mine
-4x 10500 Expansion Mine
-4x 15000 Expansion Mine

Neutral Buildings:

-4x Mana Founts (Red Camps)
-2x Tavern
-2x Shops (Orange Camps)
-4x Lorderon Mercenary Camp (Unguarded)
-4x Ashenvale Mercenary Camp (Orange Camps)
-1x Health Fountain (Orange Camp)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

218970-albums6479-picture70251.jpg
218970-albums6479-picture70249.jpg

218970-albums6479-picture70250.jpg
218970-albums6479-picture70248.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: you might not be able to open it on your editor. That's because there is an exessive numer of doodads,
and you won't be able to open it with the standard WE

Hope you like it, Suggestions are welcome

Keywords:
Emerald, garden, glade, melee, melee, melee, melee, map, map, map, water, water, water, creep, creeps, creeps, forest, forest, forest, isle, isle, isl
Contents

Emerald Glade (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet10:04, 11th June 2013 Map Approved Emerald Glade (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet10:04, 11th June 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Emerald Glade (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Emerald Glade" is a 1v1, 2v2, or a Free For All Melee map based on the Ashenvale terrain.

"Creep Difficulty is smooth, same goes to the neutral buildings and expansion sites, I like how you added 2 different mercenary camps where a Lordaeron Summer based building has no creeps guarding and is near on main bases giving players a starter deck when the time comes, But the idea of different positioning of each creep camps looks awkward give it a proper position it would better that way."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif

"Terrain is wicked sick! every piece of sight has enough detail to call it "Ashenvale", I had no problems venturing to the landscape of the map and no bad path blockers and whatsoever."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"To my observation, This melee map has potential and has a different sideshow to it, with exotic looking terrain and handy melee mechanics, this is recommended for players who loves jungle stuff and eye candy details."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
12/1590%B

Level 18
I know, the water between goldmine and base is kinda.. meh, but that was purposal,
to make the game more interesting, amd there isn't any issue with ai (tested many times)

I know middle could be red.. i've been thinkin' a lot about it actually. But I decided
to make it orange because I didn't want it too difficoult to clen up, since it's also a very important point for the mobility of the map

Level 16
OK I have just tried this map,

the terrain looks beautiful to me, especially the water, as we most are just dry land :D
I enjoyed it.

but ummmm... the water being in the base might make it hard for huma players to lock there camp and so if blade master is going to harras peasants D: