• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Despair

Despair

Created by z.Ky

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 1v1 map, based on "Outlands" tileset, with some doodads importation.
-Description:
Noone can leave this forgotten land, where evil monsters hide, so don't try it.. just be sure to be the cause of your enemies extinction

In this map the 2 players are close to each other, and have a Tavern located in the middle of the shortest path to the other base.
Starting mine has low gold, so it is necesary to expand after a while, that's why there are 4 exp mines, with low gold too, but with not so strong enemies too.
There are also 2 other mines, at the top-right and bottom-left of the map, with hight amount of gold but guarded by strong creeps.
Shops are located at the sides of the map.mana fountains are placed on top-right and bottom-left.
The map can look twisted the firts times you play it.. well, that was my intenction, to give a "wild" feeling.
There are many creep camps, but most of them are placed on the sides of the map, and that might be a little problem creeping, cause of the short distance from the 2 enemies.

Creep Camps:
-14 Green Camps
-22 Orange Camps
-2 Red Camps

Mines:
-2x 7500 Starting Mine
-2x 7000 Expansion Mine
-2x 9000 Expansion Mine
-2x 15000 Expansion Mine

Neutral Buildings:

-2x Mana Founts
-1x Tavern
-2x Shops

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An Overview

218970-albums5952-picture64337.jpg

Some Other Parts

218970-albums5952-picture64338.jpg

218970-albums5952-picture64339.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like it, Suggestions are welcome

Keywords:
Out, land, lands, outlands, melee, warcraft, map, 1, vs, creep, mine.
Contents

Despair (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet [18:17, Dec/28/2012] "Approved"
Level 30
played the map and to my testings I find this an astounding and greatly executed, by the use of changing the color of other trees into a more darkened one, the giant rocks to border the area of the map and give the whole area a dark fog makes it a good eye-candy, the balance of every generic melee use of gold mines, creep camps, and some land walkability is properly equal, and using the fire revenant(much more seen in northrend or dungeon maps) is useful, although there is this one little problem in the map the south part of the creep camps for a salamander hatchling only has one since you made 2 for its group, and that's the only problem all in all its looks great and one of a kind 1v1 melee map :)

EDIT: the map's file name is written 'Despire' change it because I'm a Grammar Nazi :)<

Level 18
there is this one little problem in the map the south part of the creep camps for a salamander hatchling only has one since you made 2 for its group

EDIT: the map's file name is written 'Despire' change it because I'm a Grammar Nazi :)<

I tested the map so many times, but never noticed, thanks
I updated the map, the creep camp is fixed

About the filename, I know it's wrong, but I like it this way. :D

Last edited by a moderator: