1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Despair

Submitted by z.ky
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Despair

Created by z.Ky

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 1v1 map, based on "Outlands" tileset, with some doodads importation.
-Description:
Noone can leave this forgotten land, where evil monsters hide, so don't try it.. just be sure to be the cause of your enemies extinction

In this map the 2 players are close to each other, and have a Tavern located in the middle of the shortest path to the other base.
Starting mine has low gold, so it is necesary to expand after a while, that's why there are 4 exp mines, with low gold too, but with not so strong enemies too.
There are also 2 other mines, at the top-right and bottom-left of the map, with hight amount of gold but guarded by strong creeps.
Shops are located at the sides of the map.mana fountains are placed on top-right and bottom-left.
The map can look twisted the firts times you play it.. well, that was my intenction, to give a "wild" feeling.
There are many creep camps, but most of them are placed on the sides of the map, and that might be a little problem creeping, cause of the short distance from the 2 enemies.

Creep Camps:
-14 Green Camps
-22 Orange Camps
-2 Red Camps

Mines:
-2x 7500 Starting Mine
-2x 7000 Expansion Mine
-2x 9000 Expansion Mine
-2x 15000 Expansion Mine

Neutral Buildings:

-2x Mana Founts
-1x Tavern
-2x Shops

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terrain Screenshots

An Overview

[​IMG]

Terrain Screenshots

Some Other Parts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like it, Suggestions are welcome

Keywords:
Out, land, lands, outlands, melee, warcraft, map, 1, vs, creep, mine.
Contents

Despair (Map)

Reviews
[img]Orcnet [18:17, Dec/28/2012] "Approved"
  1. [​IMG]Orcnet
    [18:17, Dec/28/2012]

"Approved"

2. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have a feeling that I'll enjoy this map, gonna review it later when I got some time. Anyway, screenshots are not showing.

3. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I guess the map is big for 1 vs 1 game.

4. z.ky

z.ky

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Infact that was my intenction: a big map with close players.
    thankyou for telling your opinion

5. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    played the map and to my testings I find this an astounding and greatly executed, by the use of changing the color of other trees into a more darkened one, the giant rocks to border the area of the map and give the whole area a dark fog makes it a good eye-candy, the balance of every generic melee use of gold mines, creep camps, and some land walkability is properly equal, and using the fire revenant(much more seen in northrend or dungeon maps) is useful, although there is this one little problem in the map the south part of the creep camps for a salamander hatchling only has one since you made 2 for its group, and that's the only problem all in all its looks great and one of a kind 1v1 melee map :)

EDIT: the map's file name is written 'Despire' change it because I'm a Grammar Nazi :)<

6. z.ky

z.ky

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I tested the map so many times, but never noticed, thanks
    I updated the map, the creep camp is fixed

About the filename, I know it's wrong, but I like it this way. :D

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012