• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Isle of Despair v1.4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Isle of Despair v1.4 (Map)

Level 1
-save only works if u dont leave the game, u can only load in the game u saved in. just a bug for me or is it supposed to be like that?

Level 2
Ummm may I list a few problems:

#1 - You can't use the saving system on b.net. Game Caches don't work multiplayer.

#2 - When you have a weapon that sells for alot all you have to do to dupe it is:
Step 1: Save
Step 2: Load
Step 3: Drop Item On Group
Step 4: Load
Step 5: Pick Up Item On Ground And Sell For Money

Level 1
The save system doesn't work in 1.4, i tryed in lan, in solo and on bnet. You can load only while you dont leave the game. I want also to tell you that when someone writes "-vision" with something else than a number or "all" after (for exemple "write -vision 1 plz") game bugs (and i mean "fatal error", warcraft stops). Also still a bug sometimes when we do the wine quest (one of the first quests in first town).

Level 23
I saw this recommended, so I decided to give it a try.
The overarching story is fantastic, you even managed to create a world setting in a small rpg map.
The amount of work you put into the professions is huge, this would be so much fun to play with a group of friends. I only did blacksmith, and enjoyed it greatly, it also helped me make gold by selling the raw materials (ore) before i could gain gold by killing lots of creeps for their items.

For some reason I ended up playing it for 5 hours (f10 save, didn't use your built in system), it was a ton of fun.

Strongly recommend the starting location be in Danai city so players can see many of the quests, since the first impression of the starting region is the map is just a kill all creeps type of map.
The only way i managed to do this in single player was picking the warrior (many skills that scale well late, like the evasion/crit spell, berserk, slam), and then avoiding fighting any creeps until level 12, just levelling up via the quests that didn't require combat, and then buying mass tomes.

For the king's questline that requires the report from the sentries, the sentry report is not removed from the inventory after completing the quest.
Also, I couldn't find the king's ring, so i was locked out of 1 of the orbs (i am guessing his later quest line would require us to kill Eregon).
While I didnt mind just buying STR tomes in the city with gold, i feel like the water island's quest which needed 270 STR to start was too high, so i was locked out of the orb that would presumably drop from a boss in that quest line.

Managed to get the 2 of thr 4 orbs though, from the dragon + the evil priest in the north east. I feel that the bandit lord should have dropped one, since he was at the end of a quest line in a sense.

I couldn't smith the final 2 items (4/6 mithril bars required), but the 3rd final item worked fine, as well as the lower one(s) that I tried.

I feel like this map was ahead of its time, and the creator seemed to have sort of made/was trying to make a save/load system that @TriggerHappy did , but back in 2005.

Reminds me in some ways of Melody of Dissonance v1.2 , as both are amazing rpgs made back just when Wc3 came out.

Thanks for the fun Skating Cow.