• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elite - Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working on an Elite. Here is where I show my progress.

Finished helmet, starting on head and neck.
(red is TC btw)

Attachments

• helmWIP.jpg
    helmWIP.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 115
  • headWIP.jpg
    headWIP.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Level 22
@ImperialShadow: He's a friend, I hate when people jump to conclusions to sound like they are cool for helping some hapless nub getting shredded by a mean asshole like myself, you have no idea what we're talking about, I could tell him to fuck himself, and he'd know I'm just kidding.

@GhostThruster: I didn't enjoy it as much as Halo 3, there was no competitive nature to it, and it seemed more like CoD than Halo, I was constantly dodging gunfire, which is unlike the genre's previous games.

Torso mesh looks awesome, you should keep it up dude, this will come out great.

1. You are not my friend. Not after what you said about Reach.

2. You are not my friend. Not after what you said about Reach. I don't understand what you mean by you constantly dodging gunfire...isn't that like every FPS? :p
CoD sucks balls.

3. Yes but you haven't seen the back :> The wrapping is very poor, I think I may have to redo it :(

Level 22
1. You are not my friend. Not after what you said about Reach.

2. You are not my friend. Not after what you said about Reach. I don't understand what you mean by you constantly dodging gunfire...isn't that like every FPS? :p
CoD sucks balls.

3. Yes but you haven't seen the back :> The wrapping is very poor, I think I may have to redo it :(

1. :(

2. Na, in Halo 3, you walked into a room, and killed everything you could before they killed you, only in 1 out of 5 situations would you be forced to take cover. CoD has started sucking balls, Call of Duty 4 was the last good one really.

3. :(((

So basically, you're saying you die easier in Reach? That'd make sense considering you control SPARTAN IIIs not SPARTAN IIs, and with less health it makes you think more (and it is kinda balanced with the inclusion of armor abilities).
CoD is alright, it is just the controls are so...different, and the gameplay is imba.

Level 22
So basically, you're saying you die easier in Reach? That'd make sense considering you control SPARTAN IIIs not SPARTAN IIs, and with less health it makes you think more (and it is kinda balanced with the inclusion of armor abilities).
CoD is alright, it is just the controls are so...different, and the gameplay is imba.

Halo 1-3 was all skill.

Reach took out waaaay too many of the guns, added some op stuff that doesn't belong in Halo, and massively fucked up when they added brutal melee executions, only Killzone can pull that off lol. That shitty one-shot semi-auto rifle blows so hard, I can't believe they got rid of the Battle Rifle just because of timeline constraints, they put Flood in Halo Wars and those weren't supposed to be around during that time, WTF DUDE SRSLY. D:

What guns they took out, they gave new replacements, which IMO are heaps better (except maybe replacing the Beam Rifle with the Focus Rifle).

Firstly, they are assassinations. Secondly, they aren't even that much of a gameplay mechanic, they are mainly just for aesthetics. Thirdly, they they only trigger if you hold down the RB button.

NEVER dis the DMR. N-E-V-E-R. BR was shitty and weak, the DMR is slick and precise. The DMR also closely resembles the Halo CE magnum (which we all so love) gameplay-wise.

And to destroy your arguments again,
1. Most Halo fans regard Halo Wars as semi or non-canon.
2. Even so, if you bothered to pay attention in the campaign, the Spirit of Fire actually followed the Covenant through slip-space to an unknown shield-world, FAR AWAY from Harvest or any Human colonies. It was there they found the Flood (and yes, the Flood have existed for millenia).

Level 22
What guns they took out, they gave new replacements, which IMO are heaps better (except maybe replacing the Beam Rifle with the Focus Rifle).

Firstly, they are assassinations. Secondly, they aren't even that much of a gameplay mechanic, they are mainly just for aesthetics. Thirdly, they they only trigger if you hold down the RB button.

NEVER dis the DMR. N-E-V-E-R. BR was shitty and weak, the DMR is slick and precise. The DMR also closely resembles the Halo CE magnum (which we all so love) gameplay-wise.

And to destroy your arguments again,
1. Most Halo fans regard Halo Wars as semi or non-canon.
2. Even so, if you bothered to pay attention in the campaign, the Spirit of Fire actually followed the Covenant through slip-space to an unknown shield-world, FAR AWAY from Harvest or any Human colonies. It was there they found the Flood (and yes, the Flood have existed for millenia).

Yes, yes Halo Wars was a terrible Halo game, I'm just saying they deviated from the plot, and it worked fine, in fact the Flood missions were the most fun. As for the DMR being awesome? Bro, there was entire mode made for the BR that's how shitty and weak it was, 3 bursts to the head and your down, DMR is like 8 shells to the face and your shield is still up.

DMR = Designated Midget Raper, because all it is good vs is Grunts. :ogre_datass:

Level 22
Halo Wars was a pretty good game, it's just underrated and overshadowed by the other Halo games.

Dude, have you even played Reach? DMR is three headshot kill. It's also alot more accurate than the Battle Rifle, and higher ROF. :pPPP

Meh, I just hate the single-shot semi-automatic idea, but the DMR isn't the worst gun.

The Needle Rifle is fudging retarded, so are the Plasma Launcher, Focus Rifle and Concussion Rifle, and didn't they get rid of the original UNSC Assault Rifle? The Carbine was my favorite weapon is Halo and they replaced it with the pile of shit that is the Needle Rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.