• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Tower Defense] Element TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I know there's already an Element TD.

I just found in my map-graveyard a TD I was working on several months ago.

Towers:
There are 6 types of elemental towers, each one with an special/unique ability based on the element, special models, icons, upgrade effects, etc. Fire, Earth, Wind, Darkness, Water, Lighting

- Fire: Has triggered inncineration. The damage stacks up until the unit dies exploding and releasing that damage to units around. At max level also gains -- Inmmolation aura dealing dps.
- Darkness: Reduces target armor. At max level also has armor reduction aura.
- Wind: Has a chance to create a tornado that sucks units into it.
- Lightning: Saves any damage dealt and has a chance to release it all in a deadly bolt.
- Ice: Freezes units. AoE increases with level. AT max level has slow aura.
- Earth: Has no effect yet.

Also has 4 types of composite towers: Sniper, Power, Speed, and Cannon

- Sniper: Range increases with level, and has a chance to deal damage based on Unit level and distance.
- Power: Has Chaos Dmg
- Speed: Fast attack
- Cannon: Every 3 attacks releases a bullet charged with hot oil that burns units.

Creeps:
There are several types of creeps, based on some characteristics and abilities.

Paths:
This is something i'm a bit proud of. Creeps doesn't have fixed pathing. When they reach a corner, they randomly pick one of the available choices to walk. When they have already reached 10 corners, if they're in the center square, they'll have a chance to walk to some of the other center squares, or reach the goal at the center.

Building:
Each player has their own area to build, no one else can enter or build there. There are other common areas where anyone else can build.

Multiboard:
Each tower gains experience with kills and damage (Not yet implemented). Tower with most experience is displayed in the Multiboard.

The Multiboard displays also the tower that has dealt more damage, and the player with most gold, also the remaining lives and creeps in the map.

Others:
The map is open for anyone to mess with. I'm also open to suggestions and ideas to improve.

It's incomplete, I didn't work a lot on creeps, and has several details. I remember i stopped working on it because I had many ideas later with difficulty, amount of players, etc. but I would have had to start almost from scratch on triggering and I didn't wanted to, so i gave up.

Attachments

• Spart Ele TD.w3x
    433.7 KB · Views: 457
Level 12
If there is darkness, shouldn't there be light? Two elements should be in contrast with each other. Along with this, should add a system that makes more powerful elements deal more damage to inferior elements. An example is Pokemon. Water wins over fire, but loses to grass. Fire wins over grass, but loses to water. And grass wins over water, but loses to fire. There should be something like that to make the players balance their towers' elements.

If you already added something like what I said above, then you should make the elements have strengths and weaknesses.

For the experience system, as the tower kills more, it should also level up. Leveling up to a certain point and stopping there, giving it like +damage, range, or whatever.

I don't have Wc3 so I couldn't test the map, but with what I'm seeing it looks good.

Level 20
@Hexcelllion: You're right, elements should have their respective oposites and have some kind of ventage/disventage above/under other elements. I already made something like that in my custom Damage Sytem.

@zlowly: I tough something like that... Also though about a Clap (just AoE dmg and aslow).

@rulerofiron99: The knockback could be, maybe that unit could knockback other units aswell. About Ice: I Tough about freezing the target creep for X seconds (totally paused) and slow creeps around it.

About Earth: I think I could
1- Turn the unit into stone (like stun, but with nice effect)
2- Throw a giant stone and do the clap (dmg/slow aoe)
3- Throw a giant stone towards the target creep, and make it bounce in the path between the cliff's damaging everyone for X amount of bounces, or X amount of creeps hit.
4- Throw a stone towards the creep in straight line that keeps going 'till the end of the map dealing dmg.

Level 8
I just tried out our map, as far as towers go - I did notice that each tower had different effects and that was pretty cool but I was just so overwhelmed by the number of creeps strolling around the map that I didn't have a chance to pay attention closely.

I think it's a decent start, just needs a little bit more polishing. I think it would be more fun if you could make it scale with less players.

Level 20
Yeah mso, that's just for testing purposes. I was thinking about adding creep# and movement speed, and health regen based on player# and difficulty#. I focused mostly on towers and skills and making everything jass. Never put a lot of myself in the creeps

Status
Not open for further replies.