• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Electric Balls - The Mini Game(1.4b)

This map is now unprotected! Edit it or learn by checking the triggers :) This is the probably final version of this map!

This is a map I've been working on this week, I made it for fun. I were playing some Bubble Trouble at a flash site and I thought, "why not try create a wc3 version?" and this is the result after a couple of hours working on this.

Well, the game is simple. You have a shooter and you use your left and right arrow key to move and your up arrow key to shoot. Use your down arrow key to shoot a special attack. Your goal is to kill all the bouncing electric balls, but when you kill a bigger electric ball it will split into two smaller ones. This makes the game kinda hard ^^

When an electric balls dies there's a small change that an item will be created,
- Gold Coin (Increases your score by 10.)
- Slowing Orb (Decreases all electric balls movementspeed.)
- Special Weapon (Use this special weapon with your down key.)
- Potective Shield (Make yourself invulnerable, a very short duration.)
- ...and more!!

At the moment I've added four game modes,
- A Normal game mode, complete as many levels you can without dying, each new level will increase the amount of spawned electric balls by 1.
- A Challenge game mode, every 8th level a new electric ball will be spawned, but every level the size of the balls will be increased. Every 8th level the size of the balls will be set to 1.
...and two others :)

This map supports up to three players! But, I think alot of people know that arrowkeys cause high delay for alot on players on the Battle.Net, so this map may may delay while playing it online, but single player works really nice!

Please post a comment here: Electric Balls - The Mini Game

and rate please! :)

> Version 1.0
- Release.

> Version 1.1a
- The Game Camera is now closer.
- Increased the size of the smallest electric ball.

> Version 1.2a
- Changed the model of the electric balls.
- Added a new item/powerup: A Special Weapon (Indestructible Shot) (This "arrow" can't die until it reaches the roof(5% drop chance)).
- Added a new item/powerup: Inverted Skulls (Inverts your shooters movement, left will be right and right will be left, you'll have to pick up another inverted skulls to return it to normal!(3% drop chance)).
- Added a new item/powerup: Speed Boost (Increases the speed of your shooter and your attacks for 4 seconds(4% drop chance)).
- Added a new item/powerup: Treasure Box (+ 1-50 score(5% drop chance)).
- Added a new item/powerup: Skull (-25 score and reduces the shooters movementspeed for 8 seconds(2% drop chance)).
- Added a new item/powerup: Extra Life (+1 Lifes left(1% drop chance(This item/powerup will only stay on the ground for 5 seconds!).
- Reworked the Item Drop System abit, all items that hit the ground will now have a timer on 10 seconds, when it reaches 0 the item will be destroyed. When it's 5 seconds left the item will disappear and reappear, warning you that they soon will be destroyed if you don't pick up the item.
- The collision of the electric balls have been increased alittle.

> Version 1.2b
- The Shooters face will now look the way his moving to.
- Added new hotkeys, A, S, D, W. You can now move left with the "A" button and move right with the "D" button, shoot with the "W" button and use your special weapon with the "S" button.
- Your current picked up special weapon will now be visible as an ability at your shooters ability menu.
- Fixed some text issues.
- Increased the duration of the Slowing Orb from 6 to 8.
- Increased the duration of the Speed Boost from 4 to 6.
- Added a lightning effect between the ground and the arrow, make it more realistic.

> Version 1.3a
- Fixed a bugg with the revive system and life system.
- Fixed an issue with the lightning effect.
- Increased the width of the map.
- Changed the terrain.
- Added two new game modes (FFA Normal Mode) and (FFA Challenge Mode), thanks to Davjo for the idea.
- Added a simple save & load system created by myself, type -save to save and type -load to load your code.

> Version 1.3b
- The time of day is now always 12.00.
- Increased the duration of the text that shows your save-code from 5 to 10 seconds.
- Added a new item/powerup: A Special Weapon (Glue Shot) (This "arrow" will be stucked into the roof for 5 seconds when it hits the roof.(5% drop chance)).

> Version 1.4a
- A Text will now appear when a player leaves the game.
- Fixed a bugg with the revive system.
- Fixed the bugg with the FFA Challenge Mode.
- The Normal Game Mode have been balanced abit.
- Changed the effect that will be created when an electric ball hits you.
- The Model of the Extra Life Item/Powerup have been changed to model: "Thunder Lizard Egg".
- Removed the Change Log from Quests(Information(F9)).
- Added a new system, a shooter selection system, this system allow you to pick 1 of 3 kind of shooters.

> Version 1.4b
- Fixed an issue that you coulnd't die while playing as the Satyr or the Necromancer.
- Fixed an issue that you coulnd't respawn after you got killed by an Electric Ball while playing as the Satyr or the Necromancer.

Keywords:
Electric, Balls, Mini, Game, The_Flood, The, Flood, fun,
Contents

Electric Balls - The Mini Game(1.4b) (Map)

Reviews
10:30, 7th Jul 2009 Linaze: Rather entertaining mini-game with a few flaws. First of all, when you move to the left/right, your character doesn't turn to the direction he is moving to, but is always facing upwards, so it looks like he's strafing when...

M

10:30, 7th Jul 2009
Linaze: Rather entertaining mini-game with a few flaws. First of all, when you move to the left/right, your character doesn't turn to the direction he is moving to, but is always facing upwards, so it looks like he's strafing when you move to the left/right, which looks a bit odd. Secondly, the weapon missile doesn't look like the one in the flash game, (a long line from your weapon to the roof) but in this game it's just a short projectile, but if enemies touch below the missile, they still die, which looks a bit odd. The terrain could also be a bit improved, but it's decent for this kind of game. Some custom music wouldn't hurt either, but all in all, this game is entertaining enough and just needs use some minor fixing.

Level 3
! found bug!

in challenge mode when you reach lvl 5 and 2 dies at the same time and the other lives than the game says all players died

{EDIT}
and in normal mode too

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Hey! This map is maded not by original idea. This map is a copy of Bubble-Trouble.

My rating is 2.

Sorry, i doesn't like the game copy.

Are you stupid? Did you even read what he said in the description, Or are you trying to get reputation over stupidity? ''I were playing some Bubble Trouble at a flash site and I thought, why not try create a wc3 version?'' He wanted to make Warcraft III Version, Thus your reason for rating '2' is pointless. :x

Level 7
Are you stupid? Did you even read what he said in the description, Or are you trying to get reputation over stupidity? ''I were playing some Bubble Trouble at a flash site and I thought, why not try create a wc3 version?'' He wanted to make Warcraft III Version, Thus your reason for rating '2' is pointless. :x

But why he copy the game??? I like Bubble Trouble, but why we need Bubble Trouble in Warcraft3? Why?!

Warcraft 3 Modders need to say:
*echo* I got an idea!

So... Warcraft Modders must'nt copy mods... Modders need to create mods.

Level 19
But why he copy the game??? I like Bubble Trouble, but why we need Bubble Trouble in Warcraft3? Why?!

Warcraft 3 Modders need to say:
*echo* I got an idea!

So... Warcraft Modders must'nt copy mods... Modders need to create mods.

First of all, I didn't copy THE GAME, I copied the idea, why? Because I wanted to create a Wc3 version of that game. I also like the boubble trouble game and why can't the game be a wc3 version? You're very silly now, go and play your flash version of the game and let me continue updating this project without your blaming.

Level 19
I think its nice he made it.

Anyway, to reduce arrow key delay, you can use w,s,a,d keys with some spells, to reduce delay a lot :D

I know, I may chance the normal shoot button to a hotkey spell and the special weapon :) Then you'll move left with the left arrowkey and right with the right arrowkey and shoot with an "A" hotkey spell and use your special weapon with a "S" hotkey spell. ^^ I'll see what I'll do :)

Level 7
Actually, if you don't like copied games then you shouldn't like Bubble Trouble either since it's just a copy of the mighty Super Pang! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Buster_Bros

Anyways, very nice map, i love Super Pang and i can't not love a wc3 version :thumbs_up:. Just a suggestion, can you make it so it's possible to know what weapon you have in a certain moment? For example you could give the murloc a 1slot inventory, and give him an item everytime he gets a weapon (change the item if he changes weapon ofc)

Last edited:
Level 19
Actually, if you don't like copied games then you shouldn't like Bubble Trouble either since it's just a copy of the mighty Super Pang! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Buster_Bros

Anyways, very nice map, i love Super Pang and i cannt love a wc3 version :thumbs_up:. Just a suggestion, can you make it so it's possible to know what weapon you have in a certain moment? For example you could give the murloc a 1slot inventory, and give him an item everytime he gets a weapon (change the item if he changes weapon ofc)

Thx ^^ Yes, I can do that, I'll fix it in the next version :)

Level 3
Flood i have an idea for this map^^ an ranking system with save/load :D ^^ at 500 score +rank at 1500 +rank at 3000 +rank at 5000 +rank ... everytime + 500 of the one before^^ and score and rank will be saved^^

Level 3
the bug i sad is wrong i testet it with friends again
when anyone dies and the other survives the lvl than when he died all will be revived but when the amout of survived players died than game says Life lost....
the 1 player who was alive at last get new unit and a standing unit that does nothing....
when you survive when all lifes lost in this bug after lvl game stuck

Level 3
and i have an idea for a new mode^^
FFA mode ( Normal ) and FFA mode ( challenge )
they are like the other modes but everyone has its own 5 lives^^ when he dies he will respawn in 3 sec WITH immune shield for no spawnkill^^
if he has 0 lifes he lost^^

Level 7
pretty nice map that does need a save system. you could use something like a pudge claw instead of the beam that shoots up. 4.95/5

PS davjo dont double post (but you are right about ffa mode)

Level 19
pretty nice map that does need a save system. you could use something like a pudge claw instead of the beam that shoots up. 4.95/5

PS davjo dont double post (but you are right about ffa mode)

Thanks :) I've added both new game modes and a simple save system in the new version! :D

@ Davjo, I've fixed those problems in the new version 1.3a :D And I've also added those FFA modes, thanks for the idea!

Edit: Version 1.3a released! :D

Edit: Okey, I did update this really fast, but here is version 1.3b! :D Change log:

> Version 1.3b
- The time of day is now always 12.00.
- Increased the duration of the text that shows your save-code from 5 to 10 seconds.
- Added a new item/powerup: A Special Weapon (Glue Shot) (This "arrow" will be stucked into the roof for 5 seconds when it hits the roof.(5% drop chance)).

Last edited:
Level 4
Nice game. I will never agree wit who say it's a copy or it's useless 2 create this kind of map.
Nothing is very original in the world. Look around some maps here or some other sites, there're many maps that have the same idea n game strategy such as TD, RPG, AoS, ... So it's not a problem 2 see Bubble game here, yet special.

However, the basic point is PEOPLE ALWAYS LIKE SOMETHINGS NEW, STRANGE, N SPECIAL.

N the point in this map is it's new n strange in WC3.

Level 3
ffa challenge mode is like ffa normal mode^^
and i reached IN UNDER 15 min rank 2 ( 560 score )

EDIT: i have an really good idea^^
what about for a hardcore mode?

after selected mode an other window appears and it says Hardcore mode on? ( in red )
than Yes or No

now the things :

good thing : DOUBLE SCORE

bad things : shooters movementspeed reduced by 50% balls movementspeed up to 50% when survived a round balls spawn instant of these 5 sec in ffa mode: NO PROTECT SHIELD WHEN RESPAWN

2nd Edit : found bug with save/load when you load ( need +rank 2 ) you'll get rank 2 but because score you get automatical rank 3 . save works but load wont work

Last edited:
Level 7
Is it intentional that the inverted skull debuff lasts forever? (i hope not)

Also, is it intentional that if moving with WASD then using A or D will make the murloc moving till either end of the playing area if i don't press any other button? (i hope not :p)

Also the slowing skull malus animation lasts 2 seconds more than the debuff

Level 3
omg found again a bug

flood fixed this with revive bug but it has another bug IN IT
when there are 3 players ( or 2 ) and anyone ( or the one ) leaves than after revive his shooter will be dont on map
thats normal when anyone leaves but when the 2 players ( or the last one ) dies than game stuck

EDIT: forgot that it is in the normal modes ( not ffa )

Level 19
sonicstorm said:
Nice game. I will never agree wit who say it's a copy or it's useless 2 create this kind of map.
Nothing is very original in the world. Look around some maps here or some other sites, there're many maps that have the same idea n game strategy such as TD, RPG, AoS, ... So it's not a problem 2 see Bubble game here, yet special.

However, the basic point is PEOPLE ALWAYS LIKE SOMETHINGS NEW, STRANGE, N SPECIAL.

N the point in this map is it's new n strange in WC3.

Yes, I agree ^^ Thanks! :)

Davjo said:
ffa challenge mode is like ffa normal mode^^
and i reached IN UNDER 15 min rank 2 ( 560 score )

EDIT: i have an really good idea^^
what about for a hardcore mode?

after selected mode an other window appears and it says Hardcore mode on? ( in red )
than Yes or No

now the things :

good thing : DOUBLE SCORE

bad things : shooters movementspeed reduced by 50% balls movementspeed up to 50% when survived a round balls spawn instant of these 5 sec in ffa mode: NO PROTECT SHIELD WHEN RESPAWN

2nd Edit : found bug with save/load when you load ( need +rank 2 ) you'll get rank 2 but because score you get automatical rank 3 . save works but load wont work

I've fixed the bug with the FFA Challenge Mode in version 1.3c, I'll release this version soon enough. But what do you mean with hardcore mode? What will it do?

And I really don't understand this:

"bad things : shooters movementspeed reduced by 50% balls movementspeed up to 50% when survived a round balls spawn instant of these 5 sec in ffa mode: NO PROTECT SHIELD WHEN RESPAWN"

I'll take a look at the save system. :) Thx

Majin said:
Is it intentional that the inverted skull debuff lasts forever? (i hope not)

Also, is it intentional that if moving with WASD then using A or D will make the murloc moving till either end of the playing area if i don't press any other button? (i hope not :p)

Also the slowing skull malus animation lasts 2 seconds more than the debuff

Yes, the inverted skull effect will last until you pick up another one :)
The WASD movementsystem may be abit complicated at the beginning, but when you get used to it, it will be very easy to use. In order to stop moving with the WASD system, you'll have to press the same button again, example: You pressed the "A" button to move left, press the "A" button again to stop moving :)

And, I know the thing about the slowing skull, I'll try fix it :) thanks :)

Davjo said:
omg found again a bug

flood fixed this with revive bug but it has another bug IN IT
when there are 3 players ( or 2 ) and anyone ( or the one ) leaves than after revive his shooter will be dont on map
thats normal when anyone leaves but when the 2 players ( or the last one ) dies than game stuck

EDIT: forgot that it is in the normal modes ( not ffa )

This is also fixed in version 1.3c that will be released soon :D thanks.

I made a bigger update and updated the map from 1.3b -> 1.3c and finally 1.4a! Read the change log if you want to see what I've done.

Last edited:
Level 19
i hope it too^^

EDIT: bug with load rank appears again

I'm having no problem at all with the save and load system. I tried it more than 20 times and it worked every rank up to 20 and it will work for ranks above 20 also. Remember that when you're loading the letter have to be correct. If it's an "a" you'll have to use type "a" and not "A". If you still got problems with the save and load system again, please tell me more about what is wrong, tell me your load code and your score and rank, then it's easier for me to see the error. :)

Level 7
Are you stupid?

Hey! This map is maded not by original idea. This map is a copy of Bubble-Trouble.

My rating is 2.

Sorry, i doesn't like the game copy.

Well, my rating for you is 0.
1. You're gay.
2. You're stupid
3. You're asking questions that are in the description.

**Read the Description you shit brain**

Level 7
I found it a little boring, but that's because it's not my favorite style xD
Very well done, however... Good map ^^

I experienced two bugs, however - a small one and a big one.
Small one: once in a while, the balls get stuck inside the walls, going only up and down. I was player 1, and it happened with 3 balls. I could still kill them.
Big one: I just wasn't killed when touched by the balls! I was playing with the Satyr shooter, and with the Necromancer also happens.

Level 19
I found it a little boring, but that's because it's not my favorite style xD
Very well done, however... Good map ^^

I experienced two bugs, however - a small one and a big one.
Small one: once in a while, the balls get stuck inside the walls, going only up and down. I was player 1, and it happened with 3 balls. I could still kill them.
Big one: I just wasn't killed when touched by the balls! I was playing with the Satyr shooter, and with the Necromancer also happens.

Hehe, thanks :D

Iäve updated the map version from 1.4a > 1.4b and I've fixed the "unable to die" issue in this version. About the balls that is stuck in the wall may I fix later. Thank you for finding those problems. Thx!

Level 3
Flood,
this with rank bug i mean when i load the code i get rank 3 instand of rank 2 because the '' again '' reached 500 points and when i save i cant load the other rank

EDIT: satyr ISNT immune to inverted skulls