• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Effect made in Mago's model editor doesn't show in WC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I made an effect in Mago's model editor. The first one so far. It looks good in Mago's, but it doesn't show up in Worldedit nor in game, after i attached it to a unit (via ability, art-caster). I tried tons of settings, but they don't change anything.

The current settings are as following:
- A base bone with 3 particle emitters assigned to it. Each emitter has checked Model Space and Head. (And all 3 are shown correctly when i play any of the 2 sequences.)
- Two sequences, called Birth (without loop) from 0-999 and Stand from 1000-1999. They both show correctly when i play the animation with the animation controller.
- The particles use textures from the game which i imported via the implemented MPQ Browser. In the implemented texture manager they show as Textures\Flare.blp and Textures\Lensflare1a.blp.
- I saved the model as .MDX. And imported it into the Worldeditor. I tried it with the default path (war3mapImported) and no path. In both cases the effect doesn't show. I assume that i don't have to import any textures since i use the above mentioned ingame textures.
- The effect doesn't show, but both animation names, Birth and Stand are shown above the worldeditor model-preview-square. Just the grafic itself doesn't display :/

Does anyone have a clue what i could have done wrong? Let me knokw if you need a specific information.

Thanks for any answers
whisp

Level 3
I attach the effects files to this post. If someone knows the cause of the problem, please let me know. Thanks!

Attachments

• scan.mdl
    2.7 KB · Views: 95
  • scan.mdx
    2.1 KB · Views: 99
Level 22
I had the same problem with XY quad, and i managed to fix it by adding the following Rotation key to the Particle Emitter node:
{ 0, -0.999048, 0, 0.0436193 }
This was taken from the CrushingWaveDamage effect, you can look into this model to see how it's done.
Apparently the XY quad appears upside-down which makes it invisible from above, and this rotation key flips it upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.