• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model doesn't show during animations in-game or in Magos since PTR patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm not entire sure what's causing the problem, the model worked fine pre-ptr and it doesn't even use any in game wc3 textures other than the hero glow (Which is the ONLY thing that appears), it appears to be something with the texture as the mesh etc shown in MDLVIS as normal, its current filter is transparent and if i s et it to none it shows in Magos but not WE and Ingame, really lost on what the cause is, model attached to post.

Attachments

• Hyodou_Issei.rar
    241.4 KB · Views: 41
Level 29
I am not sure why, but it looks like the space in the texture's file name messes something up. Remove it, and the model works.

As a side note, the model is missing one pivot point. This is not an error so to speak, but it might mess with some community tools. You can easily add one in MDL.

Level 8
I am not sure why, but it looks like the space in the texture's file name messes something up. Remove it, and the model works.

As a side note, the model is missing one pivot point. This is not an error so to speak, but it might mess with some community tools. You can easily add one in MDL.

I did that and it just doesn't work altogether, can you send me your version if it's working? x-x

Level 29
Excuse me, I was mistaken.

The actual issue is the texture. Probably due to the mipmaps being bad, and we know Blizzard changed around the way texture mipmaps are processed for 1.29.
To fix the issue, save the texture as PNG or whatever, and save again to BLP1 from the normal image. This will recalculate all of the mipmaps properly. You can do this with BLPLab etc.

Level 8

The actual issue is the texture. Probably due to the mipmaps being bad, and we know Blizzard changed around the way texture mipmaps are processed for 1.29.
To fix the issue, save the texture as PNG or whatever, and save again to BLP1 from the normal image. This will recalculate all of the mipmaps properly. You can do this with BLPLab etc.
Okay i'll give that a try

Level 8

Okay that worked~

Thanks for the help been trying to fix this for ages

Status
Not open for further replies.