• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texture Problem in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
So I've recently hopped on the wagon for modelling with this modelling contest.

I didn't have a problem until i wanted to try the model out in game.

Everythign works fine in the Magos editor, but in game only one part of the model's texture appears on the ground, fixed, no matter what i do with the model. You can see the part on the model is left empty, and it shows on the ground. I tried re texturing the area but it still does the same thing. Any ideas what might be causing this?

ss-png.316060

Attachments

• ss.png
    ss.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 155
Level 21
it might be bcz of normals.
As far as I know, normals only affect how the light reflects of the surface of the model.
I didnt use any helpers btw o.o
They could also be attached to wrong bones or other objects (e.g. attachments).

I know from experience that geosets that are attached to any node that isn't a bone will be missing or in some cases randomly flying around the map and/or attaching themselves to other units when the model is imported into a map.

It could also be a problem with too many faces or something mysterious, like this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.