• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model textures turn black when animated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm currently trying to fix a doodad that I downloaded in a pack. My issue is that any time the statue is animated (it's Stand animation for it to be displayed in game) the body and head texture turn black pitch black in game and in magos. This doesn't occur when the model is loaded without animation in magos, and doesn't display at all in WC3viewer. It also only displays on two of the model's three textures as noted by the tip of the staff showing but nothing else.

I've already ruled out the possibility of it being the textures, an issue with blending filters on the texture, or an issue with buggy layering on the model. In light of that I'm completely at a loss of what could be wrong with the model since I've never seen this before.

I've included a screenshot of the problem in my post as a point of reference.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 103
Level 4
Thank you!

I realized a second model in this pack seems to have the issue too so I included it in case it could be helpful. I assume the same thing is wrong with both of them but since I've not seen it before I wasn't sure.

Last edited:
Level 4
Not sure. I downloaded them in an egypt themed doodad pack from another website so I assumed the uploader made them or they came from something else, - just not sure what.

Level 4
Oh bummer! Hopefully I can find a similarly themed suitable alternative, or something. I haven't seen too many "desert" Like doodad models before.

Status
Not open for further replies.