• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animated Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, I've seen a tutorial for creating animated textures like the water elemental. I can do this in 3D Studio Max 5 but when I import it into the game, the .mdl model cannot be found.
I've tried to do a simple texture layer with warcraft 3 material and importing a tga archive creating the animated sequence, generating a .ifl archive, and then aplying the texture to my model.
It has stand animation and in Warcraft 3 Preview I could see it with its texture animated without problems.
But I cannot see it in the editor or in the game.
Anybody knows which is the problem?
Thank you! :wink:

Level 9
Your best bet is to use TVertex anims. I'm not really familiar with what you're doing, but it sounds like warcraft doesn't support it. Anyways, you can scale textures, scroll them and maybe even rotate, I'm not sure. It's probably in the art tools somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.