• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Building Particle Emitter not showing up in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys i have created a build animation of a building that has no build animation and i have created it a Particle Emitter 2 and used the yellow star dim Texture and it shows up completely fine in the Magos editor but the only problem is that it does not show up in game which is quiet wierd because it shows up fine in the Magos Editor so can someone pls help me fix this problem? I will upload the model i was talking about if someone wants to take look at the problem.

Level 9
Here it is sorry for the long wait and as for the textures i took it from the MPQ's

Attachments

• 1.54buildanimDraeneibase2.mdx
    76.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Draeneibase.blp
    77.3 KB · Views: 29
Level 21
You should uncheck the "Squirt" flag in the "BlizParticleTorch01" and "BlizParticleTorch02" emitters.

Also, the model does not work correctly in all versions of the game because its sequences are not in the correct order; Stand Work should come before Decay, not after it. For more information about this read my posts in this thread.

By the way, you might want to use "Textures\Purple_Star.blp" instead of using "Textures\Yellow_Star_Dim.blp" and tinting it purple.

Level 9
You should uncheck the "Squirt" flag in the "BlizParticleTorch01" and "BlizParticleTorch02" emitters.

Also, the model does not work correctly in all versions of the game because its sequences are not in the correct order; Stand Work should come before Decay, not after it. For more information about this read my posts in this thread.

By the way, you might want to use "Textures\Purple_Star.blp" instead of using "Textures\Yellow_Star_Dim.blp" and tinting it purple.
So the seaquences are the problem here? So in what order should the sequences of this model be?

Level 9
The order is: Stand, Portrait -1, Death, Stand Work, Decay (You certainly would've came to the same conclusion if you had followed the links from my posts in the thread I linked above).
Yes it works now but the ball or sphere on top of the crystal on its build animation is not appearing only the particles what did i do wrong here?

Level 9
That's because its geoset animations look like this:
67: 0
65033: 0
136667: 0
136677: 1
667: 0
240000: 0
The keyframes need to be in ascending order (667 should be above 65033).
Okay it worked but the particles are the ones that are not showing up again *Sigh* it feels like whenever i want the sphere to show up the particles don't can you help me fix this problem here it is my updated Draenei base2.

Attachments

• UpdatedBuildAnimDraeneibase2.mdx
    77.1 KB · Views: 53
Level 9
You still haven't fixed the order of sequences.
My god.... I could have sworn that i have fixed the order of the sequences of this building but i tried it again using notepad and i double checked every thing i even tried converting it into an MDL file again just to double check if the sequence are in the correct order and it finally works thank you so much for your help!

In addition to what Hermit said, you have 9 more keyframes that aren't in the right order.

Run the model in the sanity test and you'll see where.

I don't want to keep self-advertising, but I made this tool exactly for these cases, so why aren't you using it :s
Oh sorry i never knew about that but i will try downloading this sanity test if this is the kind of purpose for making this tool.(is the sanity tester a downlable tool here in hive?)

Status
Not open for further replies.