• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editor Not Showing Dependencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started work on a map last night, and created the Dependencies of the Liberty Campaign, and everything was fine. I was able to add units from the campaign, edit them, etc.

However I booted up the map this morning and it appears I can't visibly see any units / structures used in the Campaign Dependency. I run the map and the units are still there, but they won't show up in the editor. This obviously creates an issue.

Also the unit is not visible in the Data editor.

I checked the map, and according to it, the dependency is still there, but I still can't see anything. I tried saving, closing, and re-opening, but still nothing.

Anyone know of a way to fix this?

Edit: I found a TEMPORARY fix. I simply loaded the other Dependency into the map, Liberty Story, and it reloaded the dependencies. Considering I have no other dependencies to load, I'm not sure if it will work again :S

Edit2: Temporary fix did dittly squat. I was forced to reload my my map, cause adding the dependency wiped all my custom abilities. When I reloaded, my abilities were there, but the models again were not.

When I try to delete the dependency so I could re-add it and re-load, the editor freezes and crashes as soon as I browse over a placed unit with the model from the Dependency Liberty Campaign (the not deleted one..)

Basically.. I have yet another reason to hate the GE editor.

Edit3: Think I found a solution.. I simply move the dependencies around.. putting Liberty Multi above Liberty causes it to reload. Let's hope this works from now on, and also let's hope Blizzard stops making fail editors. How about automatically load all dependencies the map uses when I load the map? Oh, they don't think like that, right.

Last edited:
Level 7
Run world editor as admin. and place "Liberty Story" and "Liberty Campaign" above the others. The admin. might fix your error.

Status
Not open for further replies.