• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Bug Fix] Dependencies Bug Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
[Bug Fix] Campaign Dependency Issues

So as I am sure you are all aware of, there is a bug regarding dependencies, specifically the Campaign specific dependencies, where upon exiting your map and reloading it, none of the campaign units are visible in the editor. Through some messing around, I have come up with a fix that will work until Blizzard addresses the bug with a patch.

To fix the bug, simply go to File -> Dependencies. Once the dependencies Window is open select the Liberty Story (Campaign) dependency, and press the Up Arrow Button (within the Dependency Window, not on your keyboard).

86701d1280463195-bug-fix-dependencies-bug-fix-dependency_window_1.jpg

Continue clicking the Up Arrow until the Liberty Story (Campaign) Dependency is at the top of the list.

attachment.php

Simply save, exit and then restart the Map Editor and load your map to ensure that the fix has been applied.

This fix has worked flawlessly for me, and has saved me many headaches. Please tell me if the fix does not work for you, and please try to tell me the steps you followed.

Attachments

• Dependency_Window_1.jpg
    Dependency_Window_1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 745
  • Dependency_Window_2.jpg
    Dependency_Window_2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 650
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Nomrally you impliment the fix before starting to mod.

If it does it points even more towards an endline bug.

Also the order they are in should be the order in which the data modifications are applied. As many mods refer to the same objects, it is important to define an order for the alterations of each mod to be applied so that in the end 1 object exists. For example any map made data changes are always applied last and so have the final word over whate values should be used.

Level 4
The reason this most likely happens is... The model "placeholders" were included in the beta, which offered us all of the melee units and actors, but still had most of the model files PLACEHOLDER LINKS that did not actually include the model FILES themselves. And it seems they forgot to remove most the blank placeholders when the retail came out. So when you have the MELEE dependency on top, it is loading it as being more important as if you WANT to use the links that are in MELEE, and overides the data where the models are actually given in the CAMPAIGN.

Status
Not open for further replies.