• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tooltips and Names for Custom Object in Data Editor Blanked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
What the title says, for some reason this has happened before but I could fix it by moving the dependencies around so campaign and story are on top, but now it doesn't seem to matter what I do, it has comletely blanked out my unit names and tooltips, and before it never carried over to in-game when I tested my map, the name and tooltip would be preserved there, but now it has carried over, so I'm pretty much about to simply give up on the editor, does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Level 9
Only I've had the map so far, and the only thing I've done prior to this happening was reinstall SC2, but I don't see why that would be a problem since the dependencies used aren't changed or corrupted in any way. I have tried to redo this into a mod file instead of a map, and I've had no problems whatsoever with things like the vanishing custom names and tooltips, and I'd rather not risk more of my data being lost by gambling on doing a map file again until I know what could've caused the data I made to become blanked out and unnamed.

Level 9
Its not something like one unit, it has blanked out pretty much all of the custom data I put in, if it were simply one unit I'd have no problem with just putting back in the name and tooltip data in for him, but it wasn't, so I decided to try to get a solution from here.

Level 9
The only thing to do would probably be to save often, and multiple copies, and to really double-check custom data to make sure the unnamed glitch isn't present.

Level 4
I had a similar issue with a map I was making in Beta.

Then a patch would come out, any of the units I had created that used the data that was being patched. would be overridden by the patch and they would REVERT to the orig data.

Same thing happened when I loaded the map into the Retail copy of the editor. Maps basically broken until I go through and Re-Edit everything I had donie... and Ill agree with you, It almost made me give up on the editor. But I started another themed map completely fromt he beginging and since I havent had any issues. Im hoping balance patches wont muck anything up but I doubt they will sicne I used Add Object instead of Duplicate.

Also, any units that were DUPLICATED using the duplication system would be CLEARED and be set to the generic "COPY OF" name. The only way I found to avoid this is the alwasy use the "ADD OBJECT" and select "COPY FROM" to create a duplicate unit, ... the DUPLICATE function itself seems faulty for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.