1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Blank Maps

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Modding' started by Ardnived, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Ardnived

Ardnived

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've been trying to work out how to do a couple different things, and so I downloaded some maps that people posted as examples.

But unfortunately sometimes basically all the trigger data appears Blank. All Trigger Names and Variable Names, which makes it near impossible to navigate and figure it out, especially when you don't know which variables are which.

For some reason the map still functions, but if I try to copy any of the data is breaks down, presumably because the variables have no names.

- - - - -

Does anyone know what causes this? Is the fault with me or the map maker? (ie. Is there someway I can fix this or do I have to try and get the maker to fix it?)

My guess would be that is has to do with this Localization thing that I keep hearing about. But I don't really know what that is beyond the speculation that it is when you "localize" all the data so it is all stored in the maps, not that I know how to do it.

2. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Open the map with Ladik's MPQ editor, and copy the enGB or enUS to your language.
    Example, if you have an enGB folder and you are from the US, you need to copy that folder and import it with the name enUS.

3. Ardnived

Ardnived

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am from Canada so I'm not sure whether I would have got enUS or enGB. We are right next to enUS but we speak/write enGB (I assume that means Great Britain)

What do you mean by copy to my language? A folder in the Starcraft II folder?

Any MPQ editor/expander should work though right?

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    He is saying that you have to copy the localization file to be your own language. In your cause you should use US.

I do not think that is the problem, it sounds more like the map was made with a third party editor or some idiot has damaged it via a third party script so it can not be edited.

5. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    enUS = NA server, enGB = EU server. Its quite retarded.

Also, if it isn't localised, everything text related gets screwed up, including trigger names and such.

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Wrong, enGB = UK, in europe there are like 100 localizations.

7. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Part true. Most countries use enGB. We just need a tool that will do that automatically. Like, copying enGB to deDE. I can provide a list with many locales if anyone is interested. Without all of them used by Sc2 of course.

8. P-Exodus

P-Exodus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's a localization problem for sure. I experienced this already myself.

There already is a tool, which does this for you, without the need to edit the map container yourself. The tool is not perfect yet. I already noticed, that there are problems localising an american map to german. But there are no problems the other way around.

You might want to check it out: http://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/sc2-localizer/

9. Ardnived

Ardnived

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I tried using that tool, but nothing seemed to happen. I mean it backed up the map and everything like it should. But then when I opened the map the problem hadn't been fixed.

Then I tried going into the MPQ with the Editor that comes with the Localizer, but it wouldn't let me change the name of the enGB folder to enUS, and so I tried extracting it and changing it and then re compressing it, but that just got screwed up. :(

10. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Are you on EU or US? If you are using the enGB locale, i can help you with that.

11. Ardnived

Ardnived

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The map is enGB, so I am pretty sure I am not on that :p

Which means I must be enUS. :(

12. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you are in the US, yes, you are. So, export the enGB folder to your desktop, and rename it to enUS.
    Then, import it again, so that you have both folders inside the map.