• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Unsolved] How to export Arcade Map as Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi,

I have created an arcade map and changed unit data, etc. Now I would like to have these changes to game data as a mod so that I can use them in other maps more easily. How can I do this?

I already tried the option:
File -> Export Balance Data -> Heart of the Swarm

But when I open these files I can already see that they are *wrong*, they do not include all the changes I made. For example units have the wrong damage values, names, etc.

I also tried to copy the changes as XML but these are not complete either, for example the names and tooltips are wrong.

Is there a reliable way to export / import ALL changes from a map to a mod?

Thanks in advance.

Tya

Tya

Level 2
Save your map as ".sc2Components". Make a fresh mod and save that as ".sc2Components".

Now simply swap in everything you want into the mod. Game data, base data, localization, triggers, anything that you've imported etc. It really is that simple!

Level 4
Thanks for the answer.
Okay, after I have overwritten the files from the mod with the files from the map, how do I get all the .XML files back into the editor as a mod?

Level 4
Okay, managed to do it myself.

In case anybody else wants to know:
1) Open your arcade map
2) Go to File -> Save as... -> Select "Starcraft 2 Component Folders (.SC2Components)"
3) Open your mod
4) Go to File -> Save as... -> Select "Starcraft 2 Component Folders (.SC2Components)"
5) Locate where you have saved your arcade map as component folders, copy the XML files for the game data (for example "Base.SC2Data" for the game data, "enUS.SC2Data" for names and tooltips, etc)
6) Locate where you have saved your mod, paste the files and overwrite as necessary.
7) Start the Galaxy Editor again, open the "ComponentList.SC2Components" file of your mods component folder
8) Thats it, data has been successfully imported

Status
Not open for further replies.