• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Crash] Editor Closes After map test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys, dumb question but is there a way to change the settings to have a map auto save before it launches the test of the map or no? Seems every time I go to test my map it closes out my editor and I don't save very often so i lose tons of stuff.

Level 25
Save more often?
CTRL + S is your friend. Like, there is no reason not to do it. Just do it.

Then you can also run your Warcraft III game while having the World Editor up, so you can just save your map, alt tab to warcraft 3 and launch it directly from there. Just make sure you are not currently playing the map AND do not have it selected in the custom games tab (any other map works).

Level 21
the editor does save before testing. the map is usually saved as worldedittestmap in the test folder. you can however find out what it is named by going to the test map settings in the editor. there is also an option to autosave the map. why the editor closes is beyond my understanding though because mine does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.