• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Editing While Test Map Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys,

I know this is a dumb question, probably so silly that when i searched for any similar issues nothing came up on hive. Basically even though i have been using the world editor for quite a while, i have always been opening my map in test map, then closing it and fixing errors. As time has progressed, however, i am trying to increase efficiency, which demands that i explore the possibility of making changes in my world editor while the test map is open. I just want to know if doing so will create errors, or if the testmap, once launched, is completely independent from the world editor.

Again, i apologize for this question.

Level 15
I think the map is saved into maps/test/WorldEditTestMap.w3x when you test it. Editing/saving the original map is no problem. However if you want to save this maps/test/WorldEditTestMap.w3x map, you will get an error. Because this is the map file that is used by the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.