• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Economy War Custom Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Do anyone know a multiplayer custom map where you build your economy och town from scratch without/less focus on fighting? Maybe like compeditive Cookie Clicker?

I appreciate tips!
Otherwise, I drop the idea here and hope for it to get developed.

Level 6
You did post this thread three times, try to just once click on the post button, even if it takes some time it will be created.

I have never heard of something like you mentioned before, especially if you do want it to be exactly like a Clicker smartphone game.
There are awesome strategic maps though, that work with great economy systems aswell. You will still have to do fighting, but only on a base of a great economy.

Here are two great examples for that: 1 & 2
You may want to test them, maybe you will have fun playing them.

Level 32
Do anyone know a multiplayer custom map where you build your economy och town from scratch without/less focus on fighting? Maybe like compeditive Cookie Clicker?

I appreciate tips!
Otherwise, I drop the idea here and hope for it to get developed.
Heroes and Empires fits your description perfectly me thinks. The economic system there is great. Pick Empire and build your roads, houses, market centers, and power supplies accordingly. Address your agriculture supplies, work force, taxes, and technological advancements through different ages. The game can be played competitively but doesn't have to. There are also creeps that spawn but you can turn down the difficulty on them a ton if you don't want to focus much on defense and an army.
Heroes and Empires v7.4c - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com This is my preferred version.
Heroes and Empires v4.0 Advanced Dunno about this one but it's the official one we have on Hive.

FOTN is more merchant and raiding based in terms of economy but the game still has more of a focus on progressing your village rather than fighting.
Rome II Total War 1.0

I only played this once or twice, but I know it's uber high quality. I haven't got to a stage in building my own empire but I think it might have some aspects of what you're looking for.
Rome II Total War 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.