• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Streaming Custom Map Bonanza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi everyone, I'm a relatively new streamer and every Friday I play a different multiplayer game with some friends. Normally the idea is I get drunk while we as a team are trying to do something coordinated, which leads to some good laughs and a generally good time. However a few people have asked/suggested we play Warcraft 3 and I love the idea. Warcraft 3 was my favorite game when I was younger. I was never very good at the competitive matches but the custom maps were amazing. Even to this day some of the best gaming I have ever done was on War 3 battlenet.

This is where you come in (if you so choose), I'm looking for suggestions for maps to play. My time is obviously limited to the confines of my stream so I can't play every map I loved back in the day. So I'm going to take suggestions and make a rough schedule of the top requested maps. Friday morning I will put the schedule up then anyone interested can come and watch and/or participate. I don't have 8ish friends to help play all the maps so I'm definitely hoping some other Warcraft 3 fans will help fill out the lobbies.

I can't imagine picking only one map so please suggest your top 3 and I will compile everyone’s suggestions that I get throughout the week and will try to play as many of them as possible.

My picks are
S.W.A.T. Aftermath
Castle Fight
Werewolf Transylvania

I really can't tell you how excited I am for this stream. The idea of capturing even a fraction of the fun times I had with War 3 in the past is like the anticipation for Christmas when I was little.

I normally stream from 6pm to 10pm (PST) but I will try to start earlier and go later for this one.

https://www.twitch.tv/thasika

P.S. This is for Friday the 18th

Level 1
SWAT Aftermath is a fun map. Wish more people would still play it or there was a sequel for SC2.

From what I understand, Blizzard made a clause in their terms of use that retains them the rights to any custom maps made in SC2. To afraid of missing the next LOL again. So not as many people are willing to make maps for it. We are definitely going to play a few rounds of S.W.A.T Friday...even if no one else suggests it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
From what I understand, Blizzard made a clause in their terms of use that retains them the rights to any custom maps made in SC2. To afraid of missing the next LOL again. So not as many people are willing to make maps for it. We are definitely going to play a few rounds of S.W.A.T Friday...even if no one else suggests it.
Its just because modern people do not make maps anymore, they are too busy doing other stuff. The ownership clause in SC2 is of little concern and if your map was popular Blizzard would be willing to work something out. Reality is no map ever reached that popularity.

Redscull who made SWAT Aftermath decided to move on in life and focus on other more important stuff. He maintains the websites but openly said he will not work on it or a sequel any more.

If this is on BattleNet I might come along, been a while since I played SWAT Aftermath but I used to be vaguely Nightmare capable.

Level 1
It will definitely be on battlenet, and I hope so see you Friday. I'll be back with a more specific time when we will be doing S.W.A.T.

Level 1
Alright everyone! The big day is here. For those you interested here is my tentative schedule.

5 to 6: Kintergarten TD/ Wintermaul
6 to 7: Swat/ Angel Arena
7 to 8: Ice Troll/ Werewolf
8 to 9 Castlefight/ Rabbit vs Sheep
9 to 10Ashenvale Archers/ Warlock
10+ Final Fantasy RPG

This schedule is flexible and I'm more than willing to explore other maps if people want to play them. So if you didn't get a chance to suggest a map come by anyway. To be perfectly honest I found at least twice as many maps that I wanted/want to play but had to pair them down. I sincerely hope we have to many people to fit into a lobby and if that does happen fingers crossed we will rotate player slots. I hope to see you tonight!

Level 1
I typically don't because I have a "juke box" that my viewers can request songs on. This triggers Youtube's copy write protection to either take down my videos or mute them.

Level 1
I'm sorry you couldn't make it. It went pretty well had a good time and played with lots of great people!

Status
Not open for further replies.