• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Earth's Final Piece. (First Terrain)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, I'm a beginner Terrainer, I made this Terrain. I know it doesn't look good i'm a beginner.

The Crater

2yn3vqu.png

Ruinic Views
1sdzfc.png

Mayan Casket

2j336tu.png

Earth's Future Surface

2vb3i2c.png

UTM (Ultimate Terraining Map)
Hermanthegibbon for the Tutorial

Level 14
Last pic has nothing but some doodads in the middle, you see the end of the world and a white line where the fog is.

First one looks decent i guess, but then it goes downwards.
Second and third has no focal point, but a huuge stretched doodad blocking the view. They also lack sense.
In the last one, i dont know how you managed to get that ugly clipping, but it's hardly making things better.
Even barren landscapes aren't empty, try adding some red-tindet shrubs, or the dead animated shrub, get better rocks, better camera angle, better background, and something interresting going on in it.

Also, i dont like that stag inspecting the house in the first and second pic.
He looks so full of wtf.

Lastly, those ice floats just dont fit in inside a summer forest, unless it's like some glacier just done melting.

Level 6
for the first and second pic.
the stag is to big compare to the house.
and there is no difference in the terrain, everything has the grass tile.
the third pic looks better.
and in the fourth pic the rocks are floating.
if you just make some more you will get better :p

Hey as far as a beginner terainer you didn't make the biggest mistake that many end up doing, you didn't use the normal cliffs so that's an accomplishment. I would say you need more tile variation in the first 2 pics, its all grass. For the third, first hold control and spin the wheel on your mass to extend the far Z so it doesn't cut the map off. Then add more height variation, tile variation and generally more "Stuff". I know its supposed to be barren, but at least add some more random rocks.

Oh and the block doodad doesn't look anything like a casket, or Mayan for that sack - I'm not sure about the Mayans but I know people like the Aztec's had a lot of gold, so much of it that pretty much everything was decorated with the stuff. Try finding a gold casket model. If that whole thing was supposed to have a Mayan theme, well you missed it completely.

Ctrl Page Down to fix your floating rock problem

Status
Not open for further replies.