• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First Terrain Evar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
My first terrain! Still sort of a work in progress, it's just a forest ish scene that I've been working on. For the past couple of days I've been learning the ins-and-outs of terrain and all that good stuff.

Anyways, feedback appreciated! Oh and major props to all those who made the
UTM you guys roxorz mah soxorz =P

Attachments

• navsfirstterrainever.JPG
    navsfirstterrainever.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 145
Level 4
Hmmk.. what kind of small details? Aaand I'm still a little confused as to how to use fog/lighting... ahh the learning process.. =D

Level 9
For the firstterrain evar, its not so bad. Composition is OK, but add some trees in the background, otherwise there's feeling that there's a giant gasp or something.

For the fog, it's in scenario settings, choose linear, colour, start and end are distance from where it is going to start and where it is going to end, density should be intuitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.