• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dynasty Warriors Legends

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Dynasty Warriors Legends

This map is based on the dynasty warriors series and the play style is also a little bit similar. You use combos with the keys Q W E R T to kill the enemies. Each player has a set character and you do not get to choose in game. You can play as Shu or Wu in a battle which consists of Gate captains, officers, privates, bosses, bowman and towers. You only control your character.

This is quite different to many warcraft maps and may take some time to get used to enjoy :D. It would be mad if people could test this map and write comments on how I could improve it.

Keywords:
Dynasty Warrior, china, Dynasty, Warrior, Battle, Bob Marley.
Contents

Dynasty Warriors Legends (Map)

Reviews
02:29, 17th Apr 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 4
WTF is with the swarm of Dynasty Warriors maps? Ermm, back to map. Description is nice, but it could be longer. Tell the gameplay style, add screenshots e.t.c. And what is with the different author name?

Level 6
There actually is a big difference if you play it :p I dont know what it is like online but. In this map it uses an rpg camera and instead of just clicking to attack you use the qwert keys. The play style is completely different to any wc3 dynasty warriors map that ive seen.

Level 1
tested your map a bit and im partly impressed but also partly dissapointed.
it actually feels a bit like DW. would be nice if you could make some kind of musou system like in the real DW (in wc3 it would be probably something like some kind of "points" you get everytime u get hit and beeing able to unleash a special attack if the points hit maximum)

its very sad u dont have the wei kingdom in it =/ (its actually my favourite)
and its not a real DW map if u dont have at least all three main kingdoms included =O
i also find a very big flaw: the clickable area of the towers.
once you get close to a tower its extremely hard to get away of it cause regardless where u are clicking, u select the tower >_________>
please change that !!
btw your map really needs a map preview. otherwise it looks cheap and it wont attract more ppl to download/play it.
a better description with some screenshots etc. would be also nice.

Level 6
I see what you mean by the tower thing -______- I quess im just going to have to make the size of it normal :(.
As for Wei I didnt have enough good models of the wei characters all I had was Cao Cao and his son. Maybe I could add in a smaller base for Wei somewhere in the map with like 2 players on its team but stronger units and officers or something.
With the musou thing I could add that on to the end of the combo but I have no idea how I could make one ability with several attack animations looking like the one in normal DW games but ill try for a bit.
I looked for a map previes for abit but I couldnt find any good ones that had already been used ;'( Ill keep looking but :p
Thanks for the comment