• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DwarvenPirate

While browsing through my various model files i came across this one. I made the first edits at the very beginning of my modelling career, but never finished it for some reason (can't remember why :vw_sad:). So now i continued my work on it, applied a few more changes and details and.......this is the result: a Dwarven Pirate! :pir:

Dwarven Pirates are among the lesser common crew members in renegade and plunder fleets. Nevertheless, they're still more common than the Ogre Pirates. Dwarven Pirates are more expensive than most crew members, but having them sail under one's flag can proove invaluable. They're notoriously good shooters with a precise aim and they're also pretty skilled ship wrights and engineers. Most of them have a past as miners, blacksmiths and sometimes jewel crafters. These old skills come in very handy at pirate ships, where the majority of the crew consists of dumb drunken brawlers. Some of the Dwarven pirates are also skilled brewers and distillers, which makes very popular people at pirate islands. All in all, a Dwarven pirate is a person that any pirate captain should gladly welcome at his/her ship! :pir:

Feel free to use this ressource in any imaginable way! Have fun with it! :wink:

EDIT 1: due to the first feedback(s) and rating(s) i made him a bit fater and made the gun a bit smaller. :wink:

EDIT 2: fixed the issue with the right hand during the Stand 3 anim and also updated the
screenie.

EDIT 3: removed that teamcolored piece of cloth from his chest and replaced it with a teamcolored belt. Also added him teamcolored wrist bands (or how that lower arm armor is called) ;)

Keywords:
dwarf, pirate, dwarven pirate, dwarven sailor, dwarven corsair, sea robber, corsair, sailor
Previews
Contents

DwarvenPirate (Model)

DwarvenPirate (Icon)

DwarvenPirate_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
13:35, 1st Oct 2013 BlinkBoy: Yargh! In the name of david john's locker tis blinkyApproved. 4/5 Tested in-game.

M

13:35, 1st Oct 2013
BlinkBoy: Yargh! In the name of david john's locker tis blinkyApproved. 4/5 Tested in-game.

Review

Pros & Cons
+Nice Model
+Nice Use of Texture
+Arrgggg!
-3 A bunch of Bugs (Details in suggestions).

Rating
3.5/5

Suggestions
Fix minor bugs.

1. Stand - 3 Animation bug
When the Pirate places rifle on shoulder, his arm\hand is in a higher postion than its supposed to be.
attachment.php

2. Death Animation bug
The Death animation looks like this. please give it a nice, good remake.
1260993809_bouncing_jello.gif

3. Giant rifle
The rifle's barrel is bigger than the pirate's head with the beard

4. Empty shells bug
When the pirate attacks and and empty shell falls on the ground, the shell isn't 2 sided so its kinda wired

5. Decay bones animation bug
Smoke particle show out from no where for no reason, just smoke

6. Walk animation bug
Pirate's hand punches though the rifle to the other side
attachment.php

Comments
:ogre_datass: Dat Rifle, Nice pirate. good job.

Attachments

• Untitledll.png
    Untitledll.png
    713.7 KB · Views: 327
  • Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    215 KB · Views: 8,080
Lookin' pretty good, but his head's a bit too small for a dwarf.
ty :ogre_hurrhurr: to small? I mean, the rifleman's head isn't that much bigger either. :eekani:

Idd, his small head and thin body makes it look like a regular pirate with beard... Brownbeard
rofl :grin: did you DL the model? If yes, when did you DL it? It has been updated already once (gun made smaller and body slightly fatter) :wink:

Holy Sh** very huge gun :vw_wtf:
still to huge or did you just look @ the screenie? :eekani:

I think the gun looks fine.
am just disappointed that you ignored the bugs I mentioned in my Review, I know they are mostly minor bugs but they need to be done sooner or later.
I didn't ignore them :ogre_icwydt: i fixed the issue with the hand now. The one during the walk anim has to be lived with it's the same with the usual rifleman. It would require a complete re-animation of the left hand during walk anim. :vw_death:
About death anim: where exactly did you see a smoke there? :eekani: Ingames or in Magos?

I didn't ignore them :ogre_icwydt: i fixed the issue with the hand now. The one during the walk anim has to be lived with it's the same with the usual rifleman. It would require a complete re-animation of the left hand during walk anim. :vw_death:
About death anim: where exactly did you see a smoke there? :eekani: Ingames or in Magos?
via the feature "View in 3D", look like after you last update it doesn't seem to be there anymore..

Now he looks better after the update good job
5\5

via the feature "View in 3D", look like after you last update it doesn't seem to be there anymore..

Now he looks better after the update good job
5\5
ty :ogre_haosis: View in 3D? :goblin_jawdrop: What program did you use for this? If it is Warcraft III Viewer, keep in mind that it's not the best program for viewing models. It doesn't open patch file (like Hero Tinker or Flame Lord) and it often shows particles poorly or none at any and sometimes the particles even bug in it. :vw_sad: I can't say how it performs ingames. My WC3 Editor and game aren't working (my laptop crushed and i can't find the CDs so i copied it from the laptop's hard drive to my PC). :wink:

ty :ogre_haosis: View in 3D? :goblin_jawdrop: What program did you use for this? If it is Warcraft III Viewer, keep in mind that it's not the best program for viewing models. It doesn't open patch file (like Hero Tinker or Flame Lord) and it often shows particles poorly or none at any and sometimes the particles even bug in it. :vw_sad: I can't say how it performs ingames. My WC3 Editor and game aren't working (my laptop crushed and i can't find the CDs so i copied it from the laptop's hard drive to my PC). :wink:

View in 3d Feature is a feature on the hiveworkshop, I doesn't appear to work on all devices, it on the top right somewhere around the update buton, if you couldn't find it try refreshing the page.

Edit:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,257
Now looks much better, gj! :)
ty :ogre_haosis:

View in 3d Feature is a feature on the hiveworkshop, I doesn't appear to work on all devices, it on the top right somewhere around the update buton, if you couldn't find it try refreshing the page.

Edit:
attachment.php
Tried refreshing the page, but it doesn't appear @ all. Not even @ other ppl's ressources. :vw_sad:But thx for the tip anyway. :thumbs_up:

I was talking about the Device no the browser, like a Desktop or an Ipad.\
But mentioning that you use firefox means you probably use a Desktop\Laptop, maybe you should talk to an Admin about this.
Oh, nop. No, i use a PC. :vw_unimpressed: I used a laptop before, but never rly looked after that view in 3D. This aside, maybe it has to do with the OS (operating system) of my PC, it's an old Windows XP. :wink:

His legs look too long to be a dwarf.

Still, good job and creative use of textures to create an entirely different yet appropriate rifleman.

4/5.
hehe thx a lot :ogre_hurrhurr:

is there team color? if so i will use this in risk next gen and risk devo
there is, but it's not much. The red thingie wraped around his chest that looks like a belt or so is TCed. It's hardly visible in the screenie. :vw_sad:

The gun size is like a size of the dwarf's head that really looks funny :DDDD!
lol :vw_unimpressed:

i like the model soo cool :)))
-

question: Kael's animation is GOOD for gunner heroes? :ogre_hurrhurr:
ty :ogre_haosis:

yes, Kael's, or generally, the Blood Mage's anims are good for gunner heroes, but only for those using handguns (i.e. pistols and revolvers). But a few of them would need a few minor changes....

Level 9
yes, Kael's, or generally, the Blood Mage's anims are good for gunner heroes, but only for those using handguns (i.e. pistols and revolvers). But a few of them would need a few minor changes....

yes coz i saw some banging attack animations with him :))
im jealous to people whos good on making models with GUNS

im not good with that ideas only in my mind hehehe :ogre_frown:

MODEL 5/5 :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
yes coz i saw some banging attack animations with him :))
im jealous to people whos good on making models with GUNS

im not good with that ideas only in my mind hehehe :ogre_frown:

MODEL 5/5 :thumbs_up:
Well, then just give it a few tries. Read the tutorials carefully, then play a bit around with the different programs and after that choose which ones you're going to use. If you want to make models only for you, you can try everything, but if you want to make models for the Hive that get approved and used, they must have certain qualities. I'd recommend you therefor to start with attachments, especially weapons like maces, swords, daggers and maybe polearms. :wink: They're much easier and inanimate, i.e. they don't need to be animated. Trust me, with the time and enough private practice you will learn too how to make your own nice stuff and you'll also develope your own style, which will kinda be your signature. :wink:
The secret is just to try it out and not to be discouraged if a model gets rejected. It will take some time untill you make your first one that will be approved. The secret is only a combination of practice (i.e. modelling skills), innovation, creativity and patience. :wink:

Level 9
Well, then just give it a few tries. Read the tutorials carefully, then play a bit around with the different programs and after that choose which ones you're going to use. If you want to make models only for you, you can try everything, but if you want to make models for the Hive that get approved and used, they must have certain qualities. I'd recommend you therefor to start with attachments, especially weapons like maces, swords, daggers and maybe polearms. :wink: They're much easier and inanimate, i.e. they don't need to be animated. Trust me, with the time and enough private practice you will learn too how to make your own nice stuff and you'll also develope your own style, which will kinda be your signature. :wink:
The secret is just to try it out and not to be discouraged if a model gets rejected. It will take some time untill you make your first one that will be approved. The secret is only a combination of practice (i.e. modelling skills), innovation, creativity and patience. :wink:

i tried mine :)) check out my sword LOL hahaha
well, i can do some Textures but not 3d's :)) "not yet"