• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarven Runecaster

A Female Dwarf, the Runecaster. A versatile spellcaster here to defend Ironforge.
Updated 13 November 2009: Much better portrait, new less messy texture (less green, more leathery), minor graphical updates and fixes.

Features modified spell animations, and attack animation. If you use this in your map, please give credit. You may edit this model if you ask permission first; though its unlikely I'll say no.

Suggested missile model: Avatar of Vengeance missile.
Suggested scale: 0.9
Suggested voice: Jaina, for lack of a female dwarf voice. Her death animation uses Jaina's death cry.
Suggested run/walk speed: 200

Her staff as an item attachment can be found here:
Her staff as an ability icon, and more importantly, as her Caster Upgrade art, can be found here:

Keywords:
Dwarf,Female,Caster,Dwarven,Rune,Runemage,Runecaster,Runes,Dwarves,Dorf,Ironforge,Runic,Runeword,Girl,Fem,Woman,HotDamnISpentAllDayOnThisWhatsTheMatte
Contents

Dwarven Runecaster (Model)

Dwarven Runecaster (Model)

Reviews
09:40, 10th Nov 2009 DonDustin: Improve the portrait please changes were made. The model could be usedul for any dwarven troop.

M

09:40, 10th Nov 2009
DonDustin: Improve the portrait please

changes were made.

The model could be usedul for any dwarven troop.

Level 11
Nice model :D
+ First female dwarf on THW, I assume? (Cba to do any research wether it is or not though :p)

Although I'm normally not too keen on female dwarves, this one is rather cool. Besides, we could use some female dwarves and some dwarf casters in the WE, so this is a great addition to THW's models. +Rep
But yeah, fix the portrait please ;)

Level 23
Nice model :D
+ First female dwarf on THW, I assume? (Cba to do any research wether it is or not though :p)

Although I'm normally not too keen on female dwarves, this one is rather cool. Besides, we could use some female dwarves and some dwarf casters in the WE, so this is a great addition to THW's models. +Rep
But yeah, fix the portrait please ;)

Portrait is fixed in the most recent release, see the screenshot for a still of it. :)
And yeah, to my experience, this is the first female dwarf for WC3 ever. :D

Level 23
Bad icons!

How would you improve them? You can say they're bad, but that gives someone very little to work with if he'd want to make them better, no?

Unless you're one of those people that feels every icon needs to be a hand-drawn miniature piece of art while completely forgetting that icons serve a practical purpose other than looking pretty.

Level 10
Pretty cool.
Bad Icons!
I would like to see you do better... I bet making icons is pretty hard. Anywho, I'll consider adding this to a race for my map. When the time comes up that is. I'll probably create a drawven race. I know Im creating an elemental race for my map. (Whats a battle withought elementals?) Gj with the runezor, hope you keep up the work. I might need a drawven modeler >:3
PS: People that are new to judging, you might want to look at other models and see what other people have said, regardless of what it looks like. You might learn a thing or two about criticism.