• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Dusk Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
A little experiment of mine.
I was wondering if this looked gloomy enough to be valid in the Terrain contest.
Anyway, it's a simple tree clustering from bird's-eye view.

Tell me what you think and how I can improve this sucka:

woodsax6.jpg

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Yeah, that was my original idea: make it with great variety, and let it be just a generic forest.

Upon further thought however I've decided not to add this as a submission since it doesn't match the quality and effort I put in the others.

Maybe I'll stick it in my collection though.

Level 6
I like it. The variation of plants makes it look nice. For a gloomy effet, I would add maybe some moon shine, night kind of look and definatly fog. Good though.

Level 34
Upon first glance this looked good. After further inspection, it looks bad. Way too many different types of trees. Way too many.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Thanks for the crits guys.
I've decided to drop the idea for now (for the contest at least). Like I said, appart form everything else, I didn't put so much effort in this as I did with the other ones, which alone is reason enough to exclude it from the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.