• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Forest(comeback)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Forest Environment

Its been awhile since I last went to this site. So I went back and created this terrain for my comeback :grin: please tell me stuff that needs improvement

Attachments

• 4th Terrain.JPG
    4th Terrain.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 260
Level 6
Well I do not have much of an experience with terraining...looks good imo, but there in the background, top right, the world ends!...looks like nothing there. Ofc there is more, I'll let other terrainers to tell you what needs to be done, but I think this with the end world all will tell!

Level 4
I'd say it lacks a good field of view, and the contrast between the doodads and the tiles isn't great either. I'm sure someone else can be more descript than I, though.

Level 30
That forest terrain is really good to my eyes, but to see the colors do not blend with each other that looks more monotone than environmental display, I suggest you find a perfect placement for that dark green pine tree of yours, I mean if you could look closely you will notice the warcraft's original tileset with that customed beauty doesn't look good, it would be great if you can find the way to synergies the effect for making the terrain beautiful

Level 5
That forest terrain is really good to my eyes, but to see the colors do not blend with each other that looks more monotone than environmental display, I suggest you find a perfect placement for that dark green pine tree of yours, I mean if you could look closely you will notice the warcraft's original tileset with that customed beauty doesn't look good, it would be great if you can find the way to synergies the effect for making the terrain beautiful

what if I brighten up the Pine trees color? :grin:

Level 7
Hmm, IMO that patch of white cliff doesn't really fit in, recommend you use the raise tool to make cliffs... BTW where did you get those pine tree doodads? I've been looking for one like forever.

Level 5
Hmm, IMO that patch of white cliff doesn't really fit in, recommend you use the raise tool to make cliffs... BTW where did you get those pine tree doodads? I've been looking for one like forever.

The cliff is made by raise tool and the pine trees came from Utm:grin:

sorry for long reply couldn't get online

Attachments

• 4th Terrain reedited.JPG
    4th Terrain reedited.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.