• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

During the Dark Portal

「During the Dark Portal」

By Zuriel(Translate to english Nzoth)

[TD] Gameplay [/TD]
During the Dark Portal its the Russian campaign created in 2004 year. which still amazes with its quality and spectacle. Some of the features in this campaign cannot be seen in today's ones. The plot tells about the events of During the Dark Portal, you will visit the kingdom of Kul Tiras, Lordaeron and Azeroth and prevent the orcs from taking over the Dark Portal.

[TD] Features [/TD]
Professional Russian voice acting
Wonderful landscape
Interesting story, pleasing with its twists
Drawn loading screens for each chapter
Most of the chapters have unique gameplay

[TD] Credits [/TD]
Models: Sharmot, Xase, Korova, Iroen, Shepard, Andre, Felix, Sanen. Creator Zuriel. 3D model: Prot. Icons: Hellye, Shapogolic.Translate to English: Nzoth
Campaign originally posted here: During The Dark Portal - WarCraft 3 Reforged / Моддинг - XGM. Author Permission in screenshot

[TD] Changelog [/TD]
Version 1.12 - uploaded
Contents

During the Dark Portal (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
[/spoiler] Generally, this campaign doesn't offer much. The abilities are mostly renamed Warcraft III ones and the techtrees are pretty much recycled as well. Obviously, the gameplay isn't on par with the original game's. On top of that, the...
Level 5
Found a bug, In chapter 13 it loads the cache of the ranger from previous chapters, I mean, It loads the cache from a mission 9 instead of 12, I tried fix it and it worked, I went to triggers and Changed the hero "game cache - restore ranger from DtDP9 to DTDP13", I hope this helps.
Once I finish the campaign I'll give my opinion.

Level 5
Found a bug, In chapter 13 it loads the cache of the ranger from previous chapters, I mean, It loads the cache from a mission 9 instead of 12, I tried fix it and it worked, I went to triggers and Changed the hero "game cache - restore ranger from DtDP9 to DTDP13", I hope this helps.
Once I finish the campaign I'll give my opinion.

After playing through the entire campaign, I must say that this is a great campaign, if it wasn't for the traduction it would've been lost in the translation, an old campaign with only a few typos, great terrain making, the bad part is the dialogues, there are still some dialogues (for example the mission "the three towers) that weren't translated, and the final missions and cinematic don't have dialogue (last 3 missions and last cutscene), the final mission isn't clear at all because of the lack of dialogue.
There are some bugs: I can't press the escape button in some missions because it will restart the entire mission, the last mission has a cache bug it doesn't load the cache of the hero from last mission (couldn't fix that bug with the previous method).
Everything else is really good for and old campaign.

Btw @Nzoth are you going to translate the reforged version of this campaign?
Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the campaign but it lacked a bit of dialogue at the end, also I don't know if you only translated the campaign or also fixed some bugs.:ogre_haosis:

Level 11
A bit of curious trivia:

This campaign was sold on CDs by some dubious "software publishers" (read *pirates*) in some countries of the former Soviet Union.
I bought mine in a Ukrainian store:
Mw7Nfqx.png

As far as I remember from playing this circa 2007, the CD contains both RoC and TFT (illegal copies of official Russian localization, pre-version 1.24). "During the Dark Portal" is accessible from the Custom Campaigns section.
The main menu background is replaced with a custom one from this campaign. Skirmish and UMS maps are missing, and the official campaigns are inaccessible. Other changes are unknown. Some movies and sounds were probably cut/deleted to fit the game and the mod on a single CD.

As for the campaign itself, it was quite decent (though I could not complete it due to a bug or some other issue present in one of the missions). Voice acting is solid (especially for a mod), but the narrator mispronounces every single name, title and location from the classic lore, so this gets very annoying sometimes.

The missions are OK-ish, I guess, with the plot and objectives being pretty standard. Though it's set during the Second War, the campaign has little of the classic WC2 feel and the levels are designed in the usual WC3 fashion.

It's a shame that later WC2-inspired projects from the XGM community never came to fruition.

Level 5
Is story of this campaing about warcraft game beyond the Dark Portal after Second war ner'zhul and Gul'dan? Or its Complete Custom story not warcraft lore

Level 3
Played it in Russian some (many) years ago. Considering it's age, it's masterful. Seems unfinished at places. Despite it, this is one of if not my most favourite custom campaign. it has charm and flow to it. If you are looking for some old school classics to play on a lonely evening, download this right now.