• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeon Run 2: Fires of Apocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Dungeon Run 2: Fires of Apocalypse (Help Request)

Hello everyone, I'm Grade A Kill, For some time now I have been working on a Dungeon style 10 player coop game.

Dungeon Run 2: Fires of Apocalypse
Previewing my creation is not the main point of this thread however.

You see I am unable to get an accurate player test of my map, I can test to see if my triggering works and all; But not how the entire experience of the map is, are my bosses or mobs too hard? to easy? Further more, i am unable to host my map on battle.net, yes I've tried everything, guides and all that stuff, it don't work, so i give up.

I found a Tester so testing will begin soon.

-Here is a little more Info on Dungeon Run 2-

Dungeon run 2 takes place in a subterranean environment beneath a dormant volcano (well, near a dormant volcano) an evil demon worshiping cult had occupied this area, and has created a base, where they can freely study Demon Magic, and summoning. There goal is to summon a Demon Lord named Xarakfil (Zarr' ak' fill) You along with 9 of your friends of course, must defeat the evil cult. You are not alone however, the Order of Sanction(A group of Elite warriors and Magi who are charged with maintaining peace through out the world) has come to aid you in your quest!

-Heroes: There are 11 heroes total, there will be 12-14 in the final version.
Healer classes: Shaman, Cleric, and Druid
Defensive classes(Tanks): Warrior, Druid, Paladin
Offensive classes: Shaman, Sorcerer, Assassin, Summoner, Shadow Knight, and soon the Ranger

Each Hero has 6 abilities each, 4 hero abilities, and 2 "utility" abilities.
For example, the Sorcerer's hero abilities are: Mana Burn, Flame Strike, Frost Spike, and Blizzard, each has 3 levels. The utility abilities are: Devour Magic, and Freeze(CC ability)

-The Map itself has 5 sections:
the Caverns- This area contains native creatures which aren't hard to kill, and also contains 4 mini bosses.

The Jail- The Cult has caught quite a few infiltrators and renegades, so after a while, they deiced to build a jail in which to keep them, perhaps even use them for experiments. This section is where the mobs get harder, as you start fighting Cultists. This area contains two boss fights.

The Arcanium- In order to train new recruits gifted with magical power, the Arcanium was built. It also servers as a lay line, where energy can be transferred to the Shrine where a massive portal is being produced to summon Xarakfil. Expect lots of Summoners and other magical enemies here, this area will also hold 1-2 boss fights.

Kular's Lair- Firelord Kular is a powerful firelord who has chosen to aid the cult so that Xarakfil might grant him unimaginable power. This area contains a lot of fire, lava, and other disciples of the cult. The area holds 2 boss fights. (Kular Included:grin:) This zone will be quite challenging, hell I'm even considering if I should make this part optional.

The Shrine of Xarakfil- The shrine is where a massive portal is being created, where Xarakfil awaits to be summoned into this world. This area, though i havn't even started on it, will have a lot of hard boss fights, 3-4, and will be the most difficult part of the game.

Summary of map development :
Terrain- 50%
Object Editing- 49%
Triggering- 50%
Concept and Idea : ) - 92%
Status, Currently Working on revival triggers and heroes

So any way, take a look at these and see for yourself this project has potential, I'll keep adding more over time.

Attachments

• Fire Lord Kular.jpg
    Fire Lord Kular.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 1,871
  • Fire Lord Kular 2.jpg
    Fire Lord Kular 2.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 1,391
  • Mini Boss.jpg
    Mini Boss.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 245
  • The Jail.jpg
    The Jail.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 246
  • Disciples of Kular.jpg
    Disciples of Kular.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 318
  • Disciples of Kular 2.jpg
    Disciples of Kular 2.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 407
  • Inquisitor Thane.jpg
    Inquisitor Thane.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 721
  • Kobolds.jpg
    Kobolds.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 215
  • Cell Master Varkas.jpg
    Cell Master Varkas.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Level 20 Summoner.jpg
    Level 20 Summoner.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 171
  • Combat.jpg
    Combat.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 217
  • Mob pull.jpg
    Mob pull.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Level 6
First off, this is a Raid map. and its called Dungeon run 2 because i made a first one, its in the map section, but it was rather buggy, i made an update for it that kinda screwed everything up. I will remake those in the future with more detail than previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.