• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Dummy Unit causes WC3 to crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,

I'm trying to create an ability based on the neutral Firebolt ability. There's nothing special about it, only that it creates a dummy for each nearby illusion and casts that same spell again.

The problem is that for some reason the dummy seems to be casting the ability multiple times with no cooldown, causing Warcraft 3 to stop responding.

This is my trigger:

• Illusionist Arcane Bolt
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Arcane Bolt
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 900.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) is an illusion) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Arcane Bolt to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Arcane Bolt for (Last created unit) to (Level of Arcane Bolt for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
          • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
I've never encountered this problem before with dummy units and they work perfectly fine on any other ability i created.

Thank you and i hope you can help me.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
This is an infinte loop:
Event:
Arcane Bolt is casted
Action:
Cast Arcane Bolt

If you don't want the dummy caster to trigger this event, you need a condition: unit type of triggering unit not equal to Dummy

You should also get rid of the leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.