• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Dummy unit cannot stack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Trying to make a map. A unit shoots a missile, and if that one hits, it checks items and attempts to do some effects with dummies. Problem is:

1. Slow item (dummy casts slow)
2. Poison item (dummy casts shadow strike)

The ability bugs itself when the missile hits.

Both effects don't occur. Either the slow gets a cast or the poison gets a cast. Not both.

Trigger wise, the gui triggers aren't in one if-else-then. they are in separate ones and the only check is if the unit has the item.

This is how they are lined up:

if (unit has item)
{
do something
}

if (unit has item)
{
do something
}

I can't find why can't two dummies be created and cast at the same time. Any insights?

Level 7
Wait wait,you creating only 1 dummy and u want that dummy to cast both spells?you are saying two dummies can't be created ? Why ? Just make 1,order it to cast shadow strike,then make one more and order it to cast slow.

EDIT : wait i think i got it wrong... can you post the trigger?

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I can't post the trigger, I found an ancient copy of a map I was making and now I'm trying to remake it better. The thing I had problem with was that trigger

This is how it looked (example made in 10 seconds, not the actual trigger):

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Stone Token) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Kelen's Dagger of Escape) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions

Not 1 dummy unit casting 2 spells. 2 dummy units created at same time, with different spells casting them in the same time on a same unit.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I already told you why I can't post it. Because the newest version of the map is deleted, I only found a map with stuff before.

The example above proves how it was. You tell me, should this work?

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Because I don't have the trigger, that's why I made an example of it, only without the other stuff inside.

Since what I posted should work, then the mistake is on my behalf. Thank you both

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Shouldn't your second condition goes into your first Else function ?

I've already fixed the problem, but no, if the first condition contain the second, then it would only trigger if the first condition is correct.

I needed two simultaneous triggers on effect, not a check for one -> then another.

Status
Not open for further replies.