• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dummie help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
im having trouble which is making me mad... because i want to make an aoe flame strike spell where it makes multiple flamestrikes in a aoe circle....
so i based my spell on rain of chaos...

but i have so much trouble trying to make dummies cast spells i prolly dont even know what they are and how u work them... i would show u examples of my scripts but i closed out war 3 editor.... so if someone could make this spell for me(and if u do show scripts so i can look at them) or help me out or give me advice thatd be great. (sorry for my horrible grammer)

Level 6
well first you to make a dummy make a custom unit based off a footman or something. Remove all its abilities, attakcks, movement, set its model file to a blank .mdl file (just put a space in the custom model file), and finally, add 2 abbilities to the dummy: the locust ability and your custom flamestrike.
your custom flamestrike should be based off falemestrike and you can edit the spell however you want (damage, aoe, etc).
triggers: well do something like this:
  • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Custom Flamestrike
  • Unit - Create 1 dummy for owner of triggering unit at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by 256.00 towards 0.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last Created Unit)
  • Unit - Add ability (dummy flamestrike) to (Last Created Unit)
  • Unit - Create 1 dummy for owner of triggering unit at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by 256.00 towards 90.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Issue order targeting a point - Human BloodMage (flamestrike) - (position of last created unit)
  • Unit - Create 1 dummy for owner of triggering unit at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by 256.00 towards 180.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Issue order targeting a point - Human BloodMage (flamestrike) - (position of last created unit)
  • Unit - Create 1 dummy for owner of triggering unit at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by 256.00 towards 270.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Issue order targeting a point - Human BloodMage (flamestrike) - (position of last created unit)

This trigger will fire when you cast the flamestrike. it creates 4 seperate flamestrikes around where you targeted the original spell.
there are many tutorials on the hive to teach you how to do things exactly like this. go and look throug em.

Level 28
Right, the trigger is very inefficient.
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) equal to *your ability
  • Actions
    • Set temppoint = (Position of (Triggering Unit))
    • For each Integer A from 1 to 8 do:
      • Set temppoint2 = temppoint offset by 256.00 towards x degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy at temppoint for (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) facing default building degrees degrees
      • Unit - Add *flamestrike* to (last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 3 seconds standard expiration-timer to (last created unit)
      • Unit - Order last created unit to Human Bloodmage - Flame strike temppoint2
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint2)
      • Set x = (x + 45.00)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint)
    • Set x = 0.00
This one spawns flamestrikes towards every 45 degrees, which makes 8 in total

Oh yeah, 1600th post

Status
Not open for further replies.