• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] a very basic projectile spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i need a spell that targets terrain (no aoe targeting image) and fires a projectile in an arc, with upon impact deals aoe damage.

i have alot of trouble figuring this out but i imagine smbdy experienced could help me out.

Level 11
simple, first create 2 dummys, a dummy spell using acid bomb and a dummy spell using thunder clap

now the triger

E> a unit start the effect of an ability
C> ability been cast equal to projectile
A> set variable ProjectileCaster = Casting Unit
A> set variable Projectile CasterPos= position of casting unit
A> set variable ProjectileTargetPoint = target point of ability been cast
A> create 1 unit of type fire projectile at projectile casterpos facing default bulding degress
A> set variable FireProjectile = Last created uniut
A> create 1 projectile target at projectile targetpoint facing default building degress
A> set variable ProjectileTargetUniy = last created unit
A> Order Fireprojectile to acid bomb projectile targetunit
A> Wait until projectile target has buff acid bomb equal to tru checking every .10 seconds
A> order projectile target to thunder clap

finished, now you only need to clean leaks and fix some things on it

Level 11
download the map in my signature and take a look... it is gonna be better than waiting for condition

there is a speel that you may see similar to elune's arrow (from dota) except for the stun according distance coz it was just a "basic" ability :p

Level 2
You can use the pocket factory spell. It targets ground and can be fired in an arc. What you need to do is make the "pocket factory" have a negative hp regen; If you want no delay then set the max hp to 1 and hp regen to -1. Set the pocket factory unit model to an explosion model, say Neutral building explosion.

Now, add the ability - AOE damage upon death to the "pocket factory" unit. Change the spells settings of the AOE damage ability to your preferences. As for the pocket factory spell, set the unit that spawns from the factory to none, or set the interval rate to a high value. As for how long the factory lasts is not an important value, just keep it at 40, it makes no difference.

The Pocket Factory spells works wonders... It is very versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.