• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Duel System Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello everyone,

In my RPG map I got 4 players which are all allied towards each other. I want to have a system in my map that makes it possible that one of those 4 players can request another of those 4 players to have a duel (not itself!) and when that person accepts, you fight and when one of both players gets < X health points the battle ends, the winner gets a small message that it won from player name [person who lost] and get an item as a reward.

So for example you're walking ingame with your hero, gaining levels and suddenly you see one of your fellow players and you are like: wow I want to duel him! and you typ like: /duel (while you target that specific player that HAS TO BE player 1-4 except for yourself ofcourse!!) and that person gets a request if you want to accept the duel or no. When he does you duel and it goes like i wrote up and if he doesnt the duel gets cancelled.

Anybody that can give me help on this issue? It would be appreciated if you could be very clear in your explenation and if possible write it with the "trigger" tag and call the variables content if they are needed in the trigger.

If there is anything unclear, feel free to ask

Thanks,

Syntic

Level 9
You can make smth like:
  • Events
    • Player - Chat message as a substring "-duel"
  • Actions
    • Dialog - Create dialog
  • <creating buttons and setting variables for them>
    • Dialog - Show dialog to player((string to integer(substring "6,6")))
Then, a player whom you wanna to invite for duel will see the dialog yes/no. If he choose "yes" then two players will be teleported and unallied while duel.

Level 5
You can make smth like:
  • Events
    • Player - Chat message as a substring "-duel"
  • Actions
    • Dialog - Create dialog
  • <creating buttons and setting variables for them>
    • Dialog - Show dialog to player((string to integer(substring "6,6")))
Then, a player whom you wanna to invite for duel will see the dialog yes/no. If he choose "yes" then two players will be teleported and unallied while duel.

hello! thanks for your effort, but I think I do not have enough GUI knowledge to make it work your way, so again I would really appreciate someone to push my further into the good way and give examples that are less general and more exact, though I understand what way you were going :)

Level 6
Is it possible to add invulnerability to a unit for a specific player? For example, in this duel system, give invulnerability to the dueling units but for the other players (so they can't interfere). I think that this would be cool dueling would be like JK2, it'd just be hard to get right.

Level 6
Sorry if that question of mine seems off topic. You are after is a duelling trigger, my idea would really only be used in a duelling situation, and it would stop other players in your game from interfering with the duel...
What if another player came along and jumped in on a duel? Or what about if two players team up, so that they can always win (getting plenty of items along the way)?

That's my point in asking my question, I know that you'd more than likely use it in solving your original question, it'd also stop you from having to create a "duelling arena" (if you were going to).

Anyways, I was only asking. Sorry if you saw it as an intrusion.

Last edited:
Level 5
Sorry if that question of mine seems off topic. You are after is a duelling trigger, my idea would really only be used in a duelling situation, and it would stop other players in your game from interfering with the duel...
What if another player came along and jumped in on a duel? Or what about if two players team up, so that they can always win (getting plenty of items along the way)?

That's my point in asking my questing, I know that you'd more than likely use it in solving your original question, it'd also stop you from having to create a "duelling arena" (if you were going to).

Anyways, I was only asking. Sorry if you saw it as an intrusion.

I wasnt seeing it that way, I was just saying to keep on the issue, but thanks for your idea, it indeed is quiet usefull yes :)

i just hope someone could help me with a system to make it all work :/

Level 4
hmmm well heres an idea i just thought of if you like it, but you could add a duel ability (you can also set up a trigger where you type -duel then you get the ability) click the ability and it gives a buff called Duel or whatever. Then if someone else gets the ability and has the buff you can make them unallied vis trigger. I would advise learning more GUI, ex. dialogs and stuff, trust me it'll help

Level 17
You would need to use some kind of text string or ability to even determine who duels who.

Then you need to add a wait for condition player accepts duel. It can be a textstring or an ability too.

The just make them enemies to each other until one dies or have below x hp. Then you'll have to make them allies again.

I'd put this up as a trigger for you, but i don't have time right now. Got to start working :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.