• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Druid's Pet Stats Info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So I was looking at my druid and doing some testing. What I noticed is that the level 20 talent: increase all elemental damage by 15%; does not seem to affect the efreet.

This is hard to confirm since I cannot see the stats of my pets. Nymph or Efreet. Now I know it scales with my druid's spellpower. But his damage output seems to vary too much. Hard to define what is what.

So, first thing; not sure if its a bug or if im seeing something wrong. lvl 20 talent-elemental dmg not working?

Second thing; Would it be possible to know the efreets and nymphs ability info; the multipliers and stuff? Some sort of stat card for minions and mercenaries?

Level 8
According to Zwieb, all that info is unnecessary for pets and bloats the tooltip. It's enough just to know which of your stats their spelldamage depends on.

Only talents that specifically mention pets will affect them directly.

There's some randomness in all damage and heals but if you cast the same thing around 30 times you should get a good average. It's a pain but if the differences between builds are too small to notice anyway you may as well use what you prefer.

Level 5
Well unfortunately, the numbers are hard to pinpoint when their are crits involved and when the dmg values range from 230-320 (without crit) and 420-550 (with crit). Yeah I can get overall dps, but I like fine tuning things. That 15% bonus dmg comes and goes I suppose.

How bout this instead; its enough to show the servant of nature pet AP and Ability dmg multipliers, but not the nymphs or efreets capabilities? This is where I am curious. Don't get me wrong now, if its going to be this way, then ok.
But why cant the minions show their abilities in their own command card and what they do? Like I click on them, and see their autocast ability and what not?
Well anyways, I got one more thing. If the druid has this elemental dmg talent and is only useful for himself. Then are you planning to implement a build path for a dmg caster druid later down the road?

No matter how much it fluctuates, if you track the DPS over a longer time, it will always even out. That's how probability works. And 15% isn't even a small increase. You will probably see it after less than 5 attacks.

The caster's SP determines the damage dealt by the Efreet. Nothing else. That's what is written on the tooltip. Finding out if the talent works on pets or not is a matter of seconds. Just go to a training dummy and let it attack.

I don't understand what the problem is here.

Level 5
The problem is the lack of information regarding the druid's pet. Like I said, I like fine tuning things. Averages and estimations only go so far. Regardless, me asking for the info that you should have shouldn't be a trivial task. Unless ofc, you don't have the info I seek.

Anyways, ill guess ill just leave it at that. An elemental caster druid is bound to be on the way though. Seriously, that would be interesting to play.

Level 3
It seems it is bugged then. I get 1-2% difference with and without 15% elemental dmg talent.

Level 5
And I was testing it out. But on my end, I wasn't getting anywhere with the few time I have to play and test the game. That's why I came here. Either my game that I did tested it out on just blew the numbers in my face or I was missing something simple.
Either case, the damage does not seem to have a direct 15% increase in dps output. though ill come back and verify this with exact numbers. Ill bring my SP to 100 flat so I have a base to go off. I was trying to maximize earlier.

Level 5
Closure

Ohhh.... figures. Well, in that case. Alls well. But I do have a question about that now.

Why give the ranger a talent that only affects one move? Don't get me wrong, I know you plan to release more abilities. But if it only affects the ranger's skills, then were you planning to give more basic abilities that would be affected by this potentially useful talent?

If you are planning to add a poison arrow ability or even an elemental pet attack in the future. that would be pretty cool.

Well, guess this thread's done. With that new understanding though, ill be able to clarify things much better now. So thanks.

Why should it only affect one move?

Flaming Arrow, Magic Arrow, Frostbite Arrow are three abilities in my book. Two of which are AoEs.
And 15% is a pretty large modifier when compared with the other stuff this talent tier offers.
Also, it works on weapon procs.

I personally think this talent is underated as fuck. If you want to specialize on AoE damage on a hunter, it's a must have.

I understand that its pretty useless for druids right now, but elemental damage druids will be a thing in the future. I just didn't have the time to code the spells for it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.