• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Auto stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
So I get why auto stats were implemented. It's going to be a lot easier to balance at end game content and most people just mono stated one stat anyways which made placing stats kind of meaningless and i do believe it'll end up growing on me during new level 50 content.

Having said that. . .

I have two issues with auto stats.

1) I think there should be at least a choice on HOW you want to be auto statted. For example I made a new character (ranger/druid go figure) and since Remedy is only 250 now I picked it up fairly quickly and began being a 'healer'. Problem is STR and AGI are weighed a lot higher on auto stating on a ranger than INT is. I have such a decreased mana pool compared to clerics and my healing is flat until I get gear which doesn't really exist for druids until 25+. Now I know talents should help with this a little bit at least with increased mana pool and such, but the level 10 talent increases damage or spell power on gear by 30%. there's really no spellpower gear for rangers under 25 so having that as a level 10 talent makes little sense. I think there should at least be a button indicating what stat you want to be your primary stat for autostating purposes. (NOTE: I haven't loaded my old druid yet and I'm certain this is changed once i do end up changing classes). Basically do you want to be autostated as a melee/caster/range. Your auto stats would be revolved around the autostat you choose as your primary. You would be able to pay for resets on primary stat as well similar to respecing. You'll still have all of the advantages of autostating with the added bonus of the illusion of choice.

2) This is more of a personal gripe but I think removing the ability of being able to stat how you see fits removes from the META game of Gaias. Sure for practical purposes auto stats makes sense, but for example when me and Ego duo'd shade and posted a video of it on youtube I had restatted to have no hp at all and maxed pure wisdom and int in order to allow me to heal for a 10+ minute fight. Being able to manipulate the system this way allowed for some interesting META end game content that you normally wouldn't see from the 'auto-stat' builds.

Level 7
I think a better fix would be to throw in a couple low end int based leather armors..

This issue really only pertains to a ranger wanting to be a druid. So creating a whole new system and balances for one isolated class seems a bit excessive to me.

And as for that meta issue.. That ones a bit trickier. The shade thing really only worked because we were hard level capped at 37. For all the new content from the next versions onward I have a feeling that these sort of duo Meta's won't completely work anyway :p.

I think a better fix would be to throw in a couple low end int based leather armors..

This issue really only pertains to a ranger wanting to be a druid. So creating a whole new system and balances for one isolated class seems a bit excessive to me.
I agree with this. This is more an issue of itemization than the lack of choice in auto-stats. To be honest, I never expected rangers to heal before level 25 anyway. Remedy was actually planned as a pet-heal only in early stages of the game... . ;)
Monks can't tank before reaching level 25 either...´
And there's always mercs for that.

And as for that meta issue.. That ones a bit trickier. The shade thing really only worked because we were hard level capped at 37. For all the new content from the next versions onward I have a feeling that these sort of duo Meta's won't completely work anyway :p.
Meta game achievements will still work, I think, but maybe in less extremes than in previous content. You will eventually reach a point where you outgeared the current endgame content and will be able to 2-3 man bosses.

Level 6
why are autostats implemented? shouldnt these stats be inserted on the level 10-25 talents?

if the goal was to prevent monostatting, then why the solution ended up as autostatting + extra talents? i'd say we drop the autostatting part, and put them on extra talents

Level 6
no, ididnt mean literally putting +X int, agi, str, hp, mana into talents lvl 10-25

i meant undoing the increase in autostats and increasing the values in lvl10-25 talents instead.

Level 9
though I am still questioning why Berserker has such a high agility value, compared to its strength. And why monk has such a high str value even though Monk doesn't use that stat.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I think the current system works fine, and agree with the problem lying with a lack of items.
Yes, maybe some autostats need tweaking, but this will be tuned in the coming versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.