• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Druid Cast Interuptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I've been playing a Druid a lot lately. I think they are much better now in pretty much every aspect and the spirit of nature is actually useful now, however as being a healer Remedy needs to be channeled and casting another spell such as Pet attack, whistle, or claw strike cancels the Remedy heal and there is a cooldown on Remedy so if it cancels I can't use it until the cooldown is up making me pretty much unable to heal at times.

I suggest that you allow spells that issue commands to summons not cancel spell channeling for druids such as Remedy since it is the pet attacking after all not the druid and I see no reason why the entire party should be penalized for changing targets on his wolf forcing him to cancel his heals.

I've been playing a Druid a lot lately. I think they are much better now in pretty much every aspect and the spirit of nature is actually useful now, however as being a healer Remedy needs to be channeled and casting another spell such as Pet attack, whistle, or claw strike cancels the Remedy heal and there is a cooldown on Remedy so if it cancels I can't use it until the cooldown is up making me pretty much unable to heal at times.

I suggest that you allow spells that issue commands to summons not cancel spell channeling for druids such as Remedy since it is the pet attacking after all not the druid and I see no reason why the entire party should be penalized for changing targets on his wolf forcing him to cancel his heals.
Unfortunately, I can not change anything about that, as the wc3 spell engine doesn't allow issueing orders during spell channeling.
I recently changed the AI behaviour of the pet so that the pet attacks targets within a certain range automaticly if it was issued to attack once. I hope this will improve the situation a little.

I dont see a clean solution either, but i guess reducing duration, cooldown and manacost of the spell would help a bit.
As I set I altered the AI of the pet for the upcoming version. Should be much better now. It doesn't fix the problem with claw strike either, but I think thats just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.