• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
There are many types of games. Like for example,

Tree Tag,
LAME
FOC,
LAME
and Trolls and Elves.
MEGA LAME

(no offense to <3ers of any of the above)

But this time, theres a whole new idea...
This idea has been hidden deep in our minds, waiting for a chance to reveal itself. This idea is known to at least 99% of us, but no one has used it. This idea, is dream.

So maybe Im not that good at making maps, but at least I get to show an example of what a dream-like game would look like.

This is an unforgettable adventure of a man, who searches through the forests to find the cause of mysterious dreams that have been happening...
In 1992, weird dreams have been happening to people while they are sleeping. Many report of being in a hell-like chamber being attacked by their own doppelganger. Others report being in a white-tiled chamber with a heavenly shop. Rumors say that those with good lives have the heavenly dream while those with bad ones have the hellish dream. After years of research, scientists have finally come to a conclusion that the dreams are random and do not depend on the victim's life. The source of these dreams are still unknown.

-Item recipes and a secret item :grin:
-Controllable backpack
-Storage box
-Single, main quest
-Several varieties of units
-Special dungeons that occur at night (in-game)

(Green=Complete, Red=Incomplete)
-Create recipes
-Do save-load system for kills
-Perfect dreammode
-Create skills
-Find out if it is possible to win the game
-Do terraining

GooS - Potion icons
Matilda_Knights - Time Rune model
eXciTe - Power Rune (or so I call it) model
Hanza-Ru - Black Wings model
Tooolbox - Recipe system
SkriK - Creep respawning system
Sasms (Kongregate.com) - Music: From Under the Blue

Special Thanks
-Myself (for not abandoning this map)
-indomitable (for being my friend :D)

Download the map here: Dream v1.0 b (PROT)
Please help by providing feedback and bugs/glitches which are found in-game and help me on my map (by asking, duhh).

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

There are many types of games. Like for example,

Tree Tag,
LAME
FOC,
LAME
and Trolls and Elves.
MEGA LAME

(no offense to <3ers of any of the above)

But this time, theres a whole new idea...
This idea has been hidden deep in our minds, waiting for a chance to reveal itself. This idea is known to at least 99% of us, but no one has used it. This idea, is dream.

So maybe Im not that good at making maps, but at least I get to show an example of what a dream-like game would look like.

This is an unforgettable adventure of a man, who searches through the forests to find the cause of mysterious dreams that have been happening...
In 1992, weird dreams have been happening to people while they are sleeping. Many report of being in a hell-like chamber being attacked by their own doppelganger. Others report being in a white-tiled chamber with a heavenly shop. Rumors say that those with good lives have the heavenly dream while those with bad ones have the hellish dream. After years of research, scientists have finally come to a conclusion that the dreams are random and do not depend on the victim's life. The source of these dreams are still unknown.

-Item recipes and a secret item :grin:
-Controllable backpack
-Storage box
-Single, main quest
-Several varieties of units
-Special dungeons that occur at night (in-game)

(Green=Complete, Red=Incomplete)
-Create recipes
-Do save-load system for kills
-Perfect dreammode
-Create skills
-Find out if it is possible to win the game
-Do terraining

GooS - Potion icons
Matilda_Knights - Time Rune model
eXciTe - Power Rune (or so I call it) model
Hanza-Ru - Black Wings model
Tooolbox - Recipe system
SkriK - Creep respawning system
Sasms (Kongregate.com) - Music: From Under the Blue

Special Thanks
-Myself (for not abandoning this map)
-indomitable (for being my friend :D)

Download the map here: Dream v1.0 b (PROT)
Please help by providing feedback and bugs/glitches which are found in-game and help me on my map (by asking, duhh).

FYI the "Dream" idea has already been used, check out my signature.

Level 4
So what do you do in the game exactly? I see a background story, but no clear description of the gameplay or what type of map it is.

Pretty much like DotA...

Buy stuff, fight. When it's night you like go to an alternate dimension that's kinda like an arena... I don't really know. I just played on LAN, made my character patrol in the grassy area with the non-attacking creeps. Next thing I know when I went back to the game I saw myself in a new arena. Then a few seconds later it said:

It's time to wake up. Or something like that.

Then I moved back to the starting area. Gamplay's a bit boring for now since all the players are on the same team. I'll be joining it, and see what features I can add or something.

Level 6
I see Ive got some feedback! And I didnt really know the whole dream idea was already used... I'll change that in the next update as well as add information on gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.