1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dragoon

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by GnoobSauce, Aug 1, 2010.

1. GnoobSauce

GnoobSauce

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Is there a Dragoon available in the editor? I've read several things that said they would be, but I can't seem to find it.
    Any suggestions?
    Also, I found the Lurker, Murloc Marine, Tauren Marine, and Diablo :D

2. DaedraEater

DaedraEater

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Have you only checked through units, or through actors and models as well?

3. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Out of curiosity, where did you find the Lurker model (and the others)?

4. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    No Dragoon. Probably going to have to wait for Legacy of the Void for that.

To see all the models, just set campaign dependencies on and check the Previewer.

5. The_Phalanx

The_Phalanx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No Reaver either :/

6. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They have sfx (ie the missile and some "force shield") for the Dragoon, but no unit. Guessing it got pulled from the final release for some reason :\

7. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Probably holding it for Legacy of the Void. I'd expect to see scrapped and SC 1 units for their respective races in their respective expansions. So Heart of the Swarm probably has the lost Zerg units and a few Protoss units, and then the missing Protoss units are put in Legacy of the Void.

8. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Since WoL introduced one Protoss unit (Scout) and one Zerg unit (Scourge), I wouldn't be surprised to see HotS introduce one more Protoss unit (Reaver or Dragoon almost definitely).

9. Arhowk

Arhowk

Resources:
    Resources:
    the scouts and scourges and lurkers were for the campaign, dragoons arnt in. If dragoons are included in HotS's campaign, than they will be added. simpel.

10. HINDYhat

HINDYhat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I think I remember reading something about dragoon tech being lost on Aiur. So I'd be surprised to see dragoons, because the immortals were created to basically replace them and upgrade the few dragoons which remained.

However, I dunno.

11. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Except Blizzard said long before the release that SC 1 units like the Dragoon would be in the editor regardless of the Immortal lore.

12. HINDYhat

HINDYhat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I meant it would be silly to see them in the campaign.

13. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not really. There could be Tal'darim Dragoons (since Tal'darims are apparently no longer a small gang of cave Protoss), mostly because I doubt they have access to the Immortal technology.

14. The_Phalanx

The_Phalanx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As far as I can tell, the scrapped Terran and Zerg units are already in. Just the Protoss ones aren't. Unless I'm mistaken, the units that were taken out for the Zerg were the Lurker, Scourge, and Swarm Guardian. All three units are in the model files. For the Terrans, they were the Vulture, Firebat, Goliath, Science Vessel Wraith, and Starbase. The only one that didn't show up was the Starbase (*tear, happened to be the one I was hoping for the most). Even the Nomad was kept as the Port Junker in Port Zion. But the Protoss only got their Scout back, and lost the Soul Hunter, Reaver, Dragoon, Arbiter, and Corsair.

As for there being no need for the Dragon or Reaver, the Tal'Darim shouldn't of had access to either the Immortal, Colossus, Stalker, Void Ray, or Phase Prism. As far as we know, they've been isolated from the rest of the Protoss for a very long time and shouldn't have access to newer Protoss equipment.

15. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    What you missed out were the terran medic and the terran dimondback.

It is clear that all the missing units will be in the expansions.

16. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There is no indication that anything other than Immortals are "newer". In fact, Colossus and Mothership lore specifically states that they are older.

17. Cthulus

Cthulus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Phalanx, you forgot the Defiler..
    As for the Dragoon, I'm sure we'll see them during Story-Mode in the 'Toss expansion. Although I'm worried for the Defiler, since we find their fossils during one of the missions in WoL.

18. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    A lot of protoss technology is limited in effectivness by their beliefs and laws or else they are very stupid.

In the SC2 campaign this was explained by the fact that with limited knowledge of protoss technonolgy the lab technitions on the hypherion (well the PHD guy) managed to create gas extractors which would teleport the gas to the command centre without any need for transportation via SCV. Despite having axcess to this technology for an unimaginably long time, the protoss still use probes to carry the gas to their nexuses. Eithor this means the protoss are actually quite stupid and have been taking for granted the technologuy left behind by their creators and not enhancing on it or their culture places restrictions on their development like silly rules such as "thou shelt not teleport gas from its source of origin.".

19. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The Protoss have plenty of arcane religious customs, if you follow the lore at all.

20. GregerTheGreat

GregerTheGreat

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hope that it will be a protoss mission to reacquire the protoss schematics. That would be awesome.