• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragonspawn Pack

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
DragonspawnShowcase5.jpg

Dragonspawns can often be seen serving Dragons or Drakes as guardians or warriors.
Their appearance is that of a four-legged dragon with an upper humanoid torso, a dragon's head and can vary greatly in color.
Some of these have grown to immense size and sport a pair of massive wings. They often serve the various
dragonflights as commanders, generals of Overlords, ruling over their smaller siblings.

Based on the Dragonspawn Overlord from World of Warcraft.

Comes in 9 different variations: Red Overlord, Blue Overlord, Green Overlord, Black Overlord, Bronze Overlord, Purple Overlord, Red Dragonspawn, Bronze Dragonspawn and Black Dragonspawn.
Team colors included in all models.
Black, Bronze and Red Dragonspawns require extra textures to work.
Portrait models included.
Please credit me if you use this model.

Enjoy!

Keywords:
dragonspawn, black, red, green, bronze, purple, blue, dragonflight, overlord, dragon, drake, world of warcraft,
Contents

Dragonspawn Black (Model)

Dragonspawn Black Icon (Icon)

Dragonspawn Black Portrait (Model)

Dragonspawn Bronze (Model)

Dragonspawn Bronze Icon (Icon)

Dragonspawn Bronze Portrait (Model)

Dragonspawn Overlord Black (Model)

Dragonspawn Overlord Blue (Model)

Dragonspawn Overlord Bronze (Model)

Dragonspawn Overlord Green (Model)

Dragonspawn Overlord Purple (Model)

Dragonspawn Overlord Red (Model)

Dragonspawn Red (Model)

Dragonspawn Red Icon (Icon)

Dragonspawn Red Portrait (Model)

Overlord Black Icon (Icon)

Overlord Black Portrait (Model)

Overlord Blue Icon (Icon)

Overlord Blue Portrait (Model)

Overlord Bronze Icon (Icon)

Overlord Bronze Portrait (Model)

Overlord Green Icon (Icon)

Overlord Green Portrait (Model)

Overlord Purple Icon (Icon)

Overlord Purple Portrait (Model)

Overlord Red Icon (Icon)

Overlord Red Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Most models still contain a lot of unused tracks and other smaller issues. Here's an example...
Level 27
Thank you all, happy to be aknowledged!
Sort of a out of the blue project I took from my list of models I would like to make.
Really felt like the Bronze, Red and Black dragonspawn were missing in the game and giving them some variation with the Overlord
would be a fun to tinker with. Been fighting a cold the past days so figured I could do some modelling :grin:

Looks amazing! But I think the walk animation is a bit funny.

The walk animation is actually the exact same as the normal dragonspawn. Looks a tad bit fun though, agree.

Oh wow this just came right out of nowhere, and as usual it is of wonderful quality. Loving your work <3

Although isn't it 10 variations, not 9?
6 Overlord variations and 3 normal ones. Blue, Purple and Green dragonspawn are the ones already in the base game so these make up 9/12.

Level 35
Thank you all, happy to be aknowledged!
Sort of a out of the blue project I took from my list of models I would like to make.
Really felt like the Bronze, Red and Black dragonspawn were missing in the game and giving them some variation with the Overlord
would be a fun to tinker with. Been fighting a cold the past days so figured I could do some modelling :grin:

The walk animation is actually the exact same as the normal dragonspawn. Looks a tad bit fun though, agree.

6 Overlord variations and 3 normal ones. Blue, Purple and Green dragonspawn are the ones already in the base game so these make up 9/12.
Ahh, I was looking at the description that described 10 of them, but I see there are 9 uploaded so far :D

Level 11
Nice pack sir 👌. Reminds me of the Dragotaur or Dragotaurus from the other games, I hope it has a hero variant too with a hero glow 👍.

Level 27
The problems stated are still not fixed.
Hello.
I made a new attempt to get rid of the extra trash files and opted all the Overlord models. Reduced the filesize, works in-game and less than half the "unused" frames. I believe the duplicate frames are there because it is the starting position for each animation that all match up.

Level 1
An impressive pack of Dragonspawn Unit models! Definitely beneficial for those who want to use Dragons in their maps and custom campaigns!

Level 5
Hello! I don't know if you were to read this, but does the model always stretches like so? It's animation looks quiet funny nonethless, but sorta janky still when it's dead. Has there been fixes to it?

Level 11
I've found an old version of this model with normal torso movement (without strenching) and made an edit of it. Hope you don't mind.
Added new animations from wow (thanks Sarsaparilla for the conversion of wow model, from which animations were taken); fixed position of nods, wing bones (look at the pics below); recalculated extentions; replaced weapon bc two-handed anims would look weird with the old one. I also made an edit of FrIkY's infinite dragonspawn skins, added team color and eyes to the textures. I hope somebody will find this useful.
upd. fixed weapon attachment

InfiniteOverlord.gif

Attachments

• bones1.png
    bones1.png
    599.3 KB · Views: 14
  • bones2.png
    bones2.png
    598.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DragonspawnInfiniteOverlord.zip
    531.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Level 34
I've found an old version of this model with normal torso movement (without strenching) and made an edit of it. Hope you don't mind.
Added new animations from wow (thanks Sarsaparilla for the conversion of wow model, from which animations were taken); fixed position of nods, wing bones (look at the pics below); recalculated extentions; replaced weapon bc two-handed anims would look weird with the old one. I also made an edit of FrIkY's infinite dragonspawn skins, added team color and eyes to the textures. I hope somebody will find this useful.

View attachment 461502
🔥🔥🔥