• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragonspawn Worker

A worker for the dragonspawn race. Changes weapons depending on the action performed. Three variations - blue, green and purple.
Please give credit if you use this.

Edit 1: Added footprints to Walk Gold and Lumber. The corpse no longer disappears during Decay Flesh.
Previews
Contents

DragonSpawnWorkerBlue (Model)

DragonSpawnWorkerBlue_Portrait (Model)

DragonSpawnWorkerGreen (Model)

DragonSpawnWorkerGreen_Portrait (Model)

DragonSpawnWorkerPurple (Model)

DragonSpawnWorkerPurple_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
This is a good model and can be approved after the updates are done. Great job.
Level 15
Could use some changes, the file size of each one is huge.
The file size of the original blizzard dragonspawn model is even bigger, 649 KB. That's 202 KB larger than these workers which plus have an additional weapon and many more animations. I optimised them and made sure nothing unnecessary is left in the model, it can't get any smaller than this, plus the file size doesn't matter really much anymore since the 8 MB map file size limit was increased to 128 MB.

It's a nice set of workers, but there are some faults which need fix:
  • They only leave footprints when not carrying gold or lumber.
  • Their corpses disappear during Decay Flesh, to re-appear in Decay Bone, then to disappear again. Re-check their decay anims.
There might be a glitch in the attack anim that does a 'round attack'. I believe some bone rotates 360° by error in a fraction of second.

The filesize issue is understandable according to the arguments you bring. (Indeed some WC3 models are nearly 1MB [The Alchemist for instance])

Awaiting update.

Level 15
They only leave footprints when not carrying gold or lumber.
Fixed.
Their corpses disappear during Decay Flesh, to re-appear in Decay Bone, then to disappear again. Re-check their decay anims.
Fixed.
There might be a glitch in the attack anim that does a 'round attack'. I believe some bone rotates 360° by error in a fraction of second.
I can't see anything. Even if it exists it is probably a bug from the original model, as I didn't change that animation, or a bug with model optimisation in MdlVis.