• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I got a question for you all. Do you think Half-Dragons are better or worse then normal dragons? I mean like Half dragon half human if it was human it would be more adaptlbe to things. While if it was a normal Blue dragon if would not be able to live in a volcanic area with out spells or magic like a red dragon could.

Level 23
well, colors don't mean specific powers. And honestly, I've seen too many half dragon designs, so it's hard to say for certain. If taken into account, it'd probably be a normal dragon being feircer. The half dragon (humanoid drahon with wings?) would be treated as any normal enemy soldeir and would probably have a more human mindset. :/

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Half dragons probably would maintain the weaknesses of humans and also be even more physically unviable.
Yes they may be "better humans" but in real life your odds of surviving in the air are low as the fly speed would be crap + missles fly at past sonic speed.
On top of that their sizes tend to be standard human size so they are a lot weaker than proper huge dragons I would imagine, which probably would also have problems with surface to air rockets.

They are popular only because they would appeal to young kids and look a combination of cute and special in anamie and other such series and cartoons.

Honestly you would be better off being a full human with a transformation into a full dragon, like the Septums from TES4. Still pure dragons would probably be larger and stronger.

Level 23
pure dragons would be by far, stronger than half dragons, and half dragons would still be filled with arrows, although they could be able to dodge them, being a smaller target. But they wouldn't have the stamina of a full dragon. Besides, humans would be able to go into smaller spaces than half dragons (noting how half dragons tend to be able 7-8 feet tall) :/

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Dragons turning into humans is done so that humans viewing / reading can look at it more like a human than an animal. They do not need to do that for evil or bad dragons, but generally it is done the most for good dragons so that the reader / viewer gets more involved. It is because a dragon to most humans is like the lizards they kill everyday so by default they would think nothing of it, but by giving it a human side it makes them suddenly feel more for the character.

Also, often its the other way. For example in heroes of anihilated empires, you could morph into a dragon as one of the ultimate spells.

Level 3
when i was talking about dragons morphing i wasnt talking from the reading-a-book-perspective; i was talking as if they were real....which reminds me a guy at my school started a Dragonology Club...crazy...

Level 16
The game is one thing talking and watching the show is another! Mostly cause the game is okay because it keeps you from boredom and so but the show and talking about it not the smartest idea.

Level 16
There is one in every school i got one in mine who bugs me and stuff so that is why i only have a few select friends at my school don't like having people bugging me 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.