• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon's Fall

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
dragonsfall.png

dragonsfall2.png

With very little resource available, you have to constantly search for gold, but beware. Horrible monsters lurk the area, it is best you prepare. A helpful village is nearby, make use of it.

This map accommodates only up to three players, but don't let it get to you.
The terrain is great, the map really looks like a battleground for a war.
It has a lot of shallow rivers, where most battles may be fought if two or three decides to wage war.

Happy playing.

Best played free for all(FFA) or 2 on 1. Maybe even 1on1.

Keywords:
Dragon's Fall, Melee, 3, players, Dragon, Fall
Contents

Dragon's Fall (Map)

Reviews
12:42, 4th Sep 2008 Septimus: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/805629-post2.html

M

12:42, 4th Sep 2008
Septimus:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/805629-post2.html

Level 31
Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review
1) Terrain - Bad (2)
2) Trigger -
3) Minor Error - Horrible (1)
4) Major Error - Bad (2)
5) Replay Value - Average (3)
6) Fun factor/gameplay - Average (3)
7) Use of imported material -
8) Single player -
9) AI support -
10) Camera -
11) Originality -
12) File Size - Excellent (5)
13) Internet/LAN Friendly -
14) Balancing -
15) Packaging - Excellent (5)
16) Credits -
17) Storyline - Bad (2)
18) Theme -
19) Protection - Excellent (5)
20) Quality - Average (3)
21) Description/Information/Detail - Excellent (5)
22) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Excellent (5)
23) Game Mode -
24) Function -
25) Unit Placement - Horrible (1)

Total Accumulation Point : 42/65 * 100 + (-33) (Review) = 31.61

[+] -
[!] -
[-] - Neutral passive should never drop item.
[-] - Placing alternate gold mine to close to other neutral structure.
[-] - Every unit drop item, it usually should be the only highest level among those creep that drop item.
[-] - Item drop inbalance
[-] - Every creep facing position is random
[-] - Lack of destructible/doodad such as rock, flower and etc etc to make it have forest environment feeling.
[-] - Some shop unguarded such as goblin laboratory.

Review : Ok, the packaging look great. Unfortunately, it isn't as good as it sound.

First of all, those item drop isn't fair and sometimes those low level crep drop something that are too powerful while the high level creep drop a item that are rather weak.

Infact, every monster drop item. It should be the big boss among those creep that drop item, not all of them drop it.

Not forget that those creep facing position, I notice some creep guarded a neutral structure such as dragon just facing the north-east. They should be facing the area where their enemy would be coming.

Neutral passive should never drop item at melee map, if you view every melee map that ever exist. You would notice this is the first priority and rules that you must abide as well.

I also notice that some neutral creep like gnoll is too close to teal base, move it further or else the player could have disadvantage.

And what is the big idea adding goblin laboratory beside gold mine ?

The terrain could use a better improvement by adding some destructible/doodad on it.

Finally, the storyline doesn't seem to impress me at all. It just look like any other storyline that would be used at other melee map. A good storyline is crucial if you want to cover some weak spot of this map such as wrote a note like "Those monster lurking around the area carry a valuable treasure around them". Such a statement could indicate that every creep in the map drop item.

But, I still recommend the storyline to stay on the line/standard of a melee map.

Another -33 points for this map.

Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 32
Rating - 2/5
Condition - Bad
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Level 3
Thank you for reviewing my map.

I put drops on the neutral passives because I wanted a secret or two that will help the player.. :p

And, yeah, the terrain's not that very good, but it's pretty decent, compared to bland terraining.

I looked at this map again, and saw that it has the flaws you have said.

I'll keep them in mind next time I create another melee map.

Edit: I'm a fan of goblin laboratories... Hehe.
The neuts facing a different direction was just put up because I didn't think that it was important.
Now that I know, I will properly face them next time.

Very very much thanks again, reviews like these really helps newbies like me(even if I have world editor a long time ago, just went into hibernation).

Last edited:
Level 31
Thank you for reviewing my map.

I put drops on the neutral passives because I wanted a secret or two that will help the player.. :p
And, yeah, the terrain's not that very good, but it's pretty decent, compared to bland terraining.

I looked at this map again, and saw that it has the flaws you have said.

I'll keep them in mind next time I create another melee map.

Edit: I'm a fan of goblin laboratories... Hehe.
The neuts facing a different direction was just put up because I didn't think that it was important.
Now that I know, I will properly face them next time.

Very very much thanks again, reviews like these really helps newbies like me(even if I have world editor a long time ago, just went into hibernation).

Actually, this would lead the map into rejection especially a melee map.

And yes, facing direction is important including the storyline of the map.

Level 3
Actually, this would lead the map into rejection especially a melee map.

And yes, facing direction is important including the storyline of the map.

Why would it lead into rejection? Is it kind of like an unwritten rule in melee maps that putting drops in neutral passives is a no-no?

Because of your second sentence, a spark of idea came to my mind. Thanks!

Quoted from Revan(Rom):
"The terrain is great, the map really looks like a battleground for a war."
-sweet! xD

>>>Nice description, ain't it. :p

Level 3
The main reason why it lead to rejection is because it give 1 player a unfair advantage, at melee map everything should be equal. A player that doesn't know the existence of it would have disadvantage.

Well, that's life.
Kidding.

I'll make things a little more equal, but I'll still put on some secrets.
:)

(Maybe a neut passive on all of the player's camp each with a drop? hehe.)

By the way, I have another melee map, Lordaeron Steepe. It has drops on neut buildings too, and there are just inequalities we cannot remove, because in real life there is just one state better than the other in terms of location.
Don't know if you're going to like it, Septimus.

Last edited: