• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon's Tip

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Intro
A map created on my own, and my first map made on World Editor ^.^
I'm not expecting 5 stars, just want to share the map and get some critique to help with new maps. So enjoy!
Extra Information:
- Took me about half a day to finish the map.
- Creeps are from various locations (e.g Summer, Winter, Barrons)
- Made with official World Editor software.
- Start positions are similar to the Frozen Throne's "(8)Friends" map, therefore a recommended team map.
- Creeps; 12 Green, 16 Orange, 3 Red + Possible Red at start locations, if vacant.
- 18 Gold mines total.

6172feb962fa57bc171b499ea7f63885_50027.png

209088-albums4976-picture50025.png
209088-albums4976-picture50023.png

209088-albums4976-picture50022.png

Background Story:
Dragon's tip lies in the far east and is said to be guarded by death itself. Legend tells that he who reaches the top will be blessed with infinite glory. Do you think you have what it takes to claim the summit as your own? Or will you fall to your enemy's, or even the darkness of the Tip itself? The race is on for the top of the world!

Keywords:
Dragon, warcraft, mountain, hill, hard, other stuff :p
Contents

Dragon's Tip (Map)

Reviews
08:55, 30th Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 17
Upload the images to your 'albums' in the User CP section.
Then place it in the Hidden BB Code.

pinkie_haters.jpg

Hit Quote on my post and copy the Hidden and IMG BB codes.
That should help you.

Ah interesting, I always loved the friends map <3
I'll test yours soon and I will write a review for it as well.
Also I suggest you tell us how many creeps there are, and maybe specifically, like 2 red creeps, ...
You also don't need to tell us what the map's tile is, it's written next to the map preview image.

Level 2
Hey there, thanks for all the comments everyone :-D
Bugz, I know, the basses are pretty close to each other, maybe a little too close, but I hope that doesn't take too much away from the map's experience :(. As for the 3 access point gold mine, it was purposely made to be open but maybe I overdid it :-( ( The advantage though is the 20k gold ). But as mentioned earlier, it is my first map so I wasn't expecting "Blizzard perfect".

Vengance and Aero, The player placement is based off friends ^.^, my favorite map aswell :D. Adding creeps in a sec too ;)

Skycraft, thanks for the help man, I'm gonna try out the whole BB code in a sec aswell, now that you explained how so thanks again :-D

Level 2
Thanks dude, for all the positive feedback and suggestions, it'll defiantly help with newer maps. And it's always good to hear someone likes the map ;-). Also, after some time, I got the hang of the BB codes, and put up a few Screenshots, (Thanks again to Skycraft) and in the Extra Information, I have added the creep information, thanks to Venancekael's suggestion.

Last edited:
Review:
attachment.php

Terrain:

The map's layout isn't balanced at some locations, for example when you take a look at the blue circles (see screenshot above), the bottom right one is less wide, while the bottom left one is wider and the top left one even more wider.
Then the center of the map can only be reached from the south or from the west if you cut down the trees. I suggest you make 4 passages, for north, east, south, west, but with trees blocking the way.
And then the trees around the starting points in the top left, there are less trees than there are at the other starting points, you need to add more trees at circles 1 and 3 (red). Then at the top right, the trees around the starting points for blue and red, they make a smaller passage, so how about moving the trees a little.
You could also make the map look a little bit better, by using more different terrain tiles and maybe using the heighten and lowering tools.

Gameplay:

The map is very similar to the Friends map from Blizzard, there are always 2 starting points next to each other, making base defenses easier. However due to that, harassing the enemy is almost impossible in the beginning, due to the ally being so close. However the distance between bases isn't that far, thus rushing could still be done.
I also noticed that no night elf player was harvesting gold (AI), all of the workers were getting wood and thus till the end, the 2 night elves didn't do anything.

Items:

Item-wise the creeps drop random items, you have not given them specific items, which is a good thing.

Overall:

The problems I've said about your map can easily be fixed, it's a nice idea of recreating the friends map but a tad bit different.

Rating: 2/5

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 215
Level 2
Sweetness! Thanks for taking the time to review the map dude, I appreciate an honest opinion ;D
Edit: Fixed map unbalancedness by balancing the trees at start locations, the uneven path widths are now even each has a width of 4 medium grid squares, and added a north entrance to the center hill, for balance between the south entrance. Hope this helped with some of the issues :-D