• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon Sanctuary

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
「Dragon sanctuary」

By Bakaika

[TD] Gameplay [/TD]
Try to survive in this sanctuary where the dragons are lurking on each side just to protect their own treasure which is not just in your mind but in the enemies that fastly gather around this small area.

[TD] Screenshots [/TD]
full

Sanctuary
full

Fountain
full

Gold mine
full

Start
full

Mercenary camp + Gold mine
full

Overview

[TD] Features [/TD]
1 Dragon nest
8 Goblin Merchants
4 Mercanary camps
2 Fountain of mana and health
4 Marketplaces
8 Taverns

[TD] Credits [/TD]
Map maker:'Bakaika'

[TD] Changelog [/TD]
04.01.2017-uploaded

26.05.2017-Terrain redesign, add and replaced alot of doodads and units, added 4 new gold mines and goblin merchants
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」
Contents

Dragon Sanctuary (Map)

Reviews
Rence Kristoff
Too much dragons in the center, almost every place has creeps, there are even those that try to hide in trees, the bandits near the bases will attack once you build from a distance. The dirt area where you want us to build or town halls, it was a nice...
deepstrasz
1. The terrain is flat and has scarce tile and doodad variation, around the map's edges; too much flat green. 2. You could use the triggers from this map to avoid enemies starting near each other in few player matches: Skeletal Coast v1.3 3. Little...
Level 10
Too much dragons in the center, almost every place has creeps, there are even those that try to hide in trees, the bandits near the bases will attack once you build from a distance. The dirt area where you want us to build or town halls, it was a nice idea, but It wouldn't be followed by both AI and humans, the Night Elves Tree gets removed from that area at the start. The base, I feel like it's too small and open, easily attacked by many, and there is nothing else to protect you aside from trees that will get destroyed eventually, Gold mines are too near as well and as soon as a few troops are at one's disposal, they can easily take and take gold mines, 20k might be too much, and again, the space it's too small and open. Too much creeps everywhere, like there's one guarding each direction, and the one's protecting the Mercenary camps, it should be the murlocs and not those bandits, the bandits could be the one guarding the area outside, and I suggest that bandit warriors and not mages are the one's hiding in trees, or no one hides in the trees. Creeps are too powerful, five golems? and the gold mines with the kobolds and a golem, they have bandits which should be dealt with even if one clears the kobolds, too much item drops for some groups. Golems and wizards, not sure about those. The dragons, yeah, too powerful, and should be found in other areas too, it is the Dragon Sanctuary, and four Marketplaces? That's too much, the waygates, I think you should remove those, they don't even go that far. Too much items, less tomes, which could be useful, wierd creep groups, golems and a bandit, Heretics and kobolds, some neutral buildings are too protected, and the item drops are kinda small, the creeps guarding bases with no players, the items should atleast be powerful or kinda strong. Finally, the map description, it could do some more describing and not just, while we fight for glory, there are dragons.

So what I liked even with those I said above, yes you could easily get gold, you won't go poor, you can quickly get to your enemies, an advantage to those who rise up fast, the items may be a big mix of possibilities, each and everyone can be used to a great advantage, this will teach one how to quickly defend and not just prioritize attacks. Terrain, yours is the first I remember with a dragon roost in the middle of the cityscape place. The center, could use more dragon effect, like they marked their territory, the waterfalls, I always like waterfalls, the water parts surrounding the center, try making it shallow, then add fishes, the tiles, I don't know which are the proper pathways, it matters to me when I go solo, you probably know why. the fountain parts, it was a nice sight to see, I suggest adding stuff to it that would make it look like it's in a park. Could use more doodads, and the water area in the corner, they could go without the grass, like it's a pool if it didn't have those. Place maybe too flat, but for me it's okay.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. The terrain is flat and has scarce tile and doodad variation, around the map's edges; too much flat green.
2. You could use the triggers from this map to avoid enemies starting near each other in few player matches: Skeletal Coast v1.3
3. Little neutral hostile diversity around the map's edges (mines and trees).

Set to Awaiting Update.

========================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Last edited: